What's new

MakutaMaster962

Beginner
Reaction score
Would anyone be willing to type up a guide of some kind for beginners(like me) which tells what wires(and connections) go where between a Sega Lindbergh motherboard, a JVS I/O board(mine is a 837-14505, BTW), and an ATX 500 watt power supply(which is what I have)? It would defitely save me a lot of trouble. :)

I guess I should have been more specific. My mistake. When I said 'beginners,' what I really meant was, those who are unable to afford to purchase a full arcade cabinet and/or have a Lindbergh w/Multigame kit installed, and have limited knowledge on what kind of wiring/connectors go where between the components listed in the first post.

I did, however, look at the Manual that you posted, but that seems to be for those who are dealing with an entire arcade machine, so I'm afraid the wiring diagram(s) didn't make much sense. :(

I guess I should have been more specific. My mistake. When I said 'beginners,' what I really meant was, those who are unable to afford to purchase a full arcade cabinet and/or have a Lindbergh w/Multigame kit installed, and have limited knowledge on what kind of wiring/connectors go where between the components listed in the first post.

I did, however, look at the Manual that you posted, but that seems to be for those who are dealing with an entire arcade machine, so I'm afraid the wiring diagram(s) didn't make much sense. :(
Well, it does show where each wire goes to each different component. If there's a component you don't have and don't need due to not having a cab, then skip that component :).

The power supply is just plug and play. Push connectors in, done.

I'd help you out with pics, but I don't have the same I/O with my Lindy.

Since you are using it without a cab I recommend my S-JIHP:

S-JIHP: Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB
Seriously, anyone who is interested in the Lindbergh needs to just get Mitsu's S-JIHP. It is worth the cost because it makes things so much easier. I've wired up a joystick to use, a x/y gun to use and will soon do a steering wheel. It's enough of a pain to mod the controls why torment yourself even more.

I say this under my own free will :)

Since you are using it without a cab I recommend my S-JIHP:

S-JIHP: Sega JVS I/O Helper PCB
Seriously, anyone who is interested in the Lindbergh needs to just get Mitsu's S-JIHP. It is worth the cost because it makes things so much easier. I've wired up a joystick to use, a x/y gun to use and will soon do a steering wheel. It's enough of a pain to mod the controls why torment yourself even more.
I say this under my own free will :)
What he says, just get it. Mitsu's S-JIHP looks awesome, makes me want to get it just in case I need it in the future.

Back