What's new

tiff_lee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Picked up a twin US Daytona cab fitted with a Mitsubishi Electronics A63LCC11X tube and nanao ms8 26su chassis.

No amount of tweaking the cut-off and gain will set the red, its coming out as a more orangey yellow colour and as such the other colours are also off. The other cab had a nanao chassis as well that had been serviced by JOMAC, so I swapped them over and the fault remains, so tube issue?

Pic with just red cut-off turned up compared to other unit.

DSC_0326.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0337.JPG
    DSC_0337.JPG
    223.8 KB · Views: 253
These might be completely different from other JAMMA PCBs but is your PCB Green and Blue output fine? I had a CPS1 board whose Red color RAM died and so had messed up colors.

swapped the complete model 2 board stack , although it could actually be a connector issue from the filter board to the chassis thats probably the last thing in the chain ive not touched brb

Best of luck, hopefully it would be the connections then!

Unplugged from filter board and reconnected no such luck, dammit

Maybe check if you are getting voltages on your Green and Blue wires that's going into the chassis if its the same level as Red?

measured voltages 0.137 to .140 same on the other cab which has no problems.

I took some more pictures, the colour seems to vary all over when game is running, obviously test mode limits me to just where the bar is displayed. The colour of the car isn't even consistently orange'ish.

DSC_0347.JPG
DSC_0348.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0351.JPG
    DSC_0351.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_0352.JPG
    DSC_0352.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 200
Ah ok do you have a degaussing coil? Looks like you have all the colors but they are wrong - degaussing should remove it? I have these issues at times when I move CRTs.

I was just about to post that! after watch a bunch of videos and looking at images it does look like a degaussing issue, hopefully.

There is a degaussing coil fitted and it operates when you press the button but I guess that isn't enough and it will need a manual degaussing, ill have to get a wand off ebay only like $20.

Def looks like degaussing would help, monitor is fine otherwise :)

Yeah I watched this clip and it filled me with hope

cheers for the help mate i'll report back once degaussing wand arrives, given australia post shipping speed about a month from now ><

Just to ease your mind more, yes just looks like it needs degaussing. Should be 2 minute job once you get the tools :).

With that being said the built in degaussing coil should absolutely fix a lot of that. If it isn't I suspect it's not working right.

You can see it on acid when you hit it?

the built in degaussing coils are usually pretty weak, it's good to help keep the screen clean of minor issues but not nearly strong enough to fix really bad problems like this one. definitely pick up a manual degaussing coil, IMO it's a must have tool if you own CRTs.

Yeah the screen does the old wavy thing and the colours change a little as it's doing it.

Yeah got manual tool on order and as you say I think it really is a must have considering how many CRT cabs i'm going to end up owning.

I didn't put up any pictures of the other cab but you can also see on that one either side of the centre the effect the speakers are having on the screen, so hopefully will clear that up as well.

the built in degaussing coils are usually pretty weak, it's good to help keep the screen clean of minor issues but not nearly strong enough to fix really bad problems like this one. definitely pick up a manual degaussing coil, IMO it's a must have tool if you own CRTs.
built in coils are weaker yes but this is no bad problem. In fact exact opposite, this is very easy problem (the easiest) since full screen magnetized field. Built in coils handle that easily. Bad problems are magnetic spots (which built in have problem with)

@tiff_lee if the cabs just had a big move today, try leaving them off overnight, sometimes that can fix the issue also. Failing that the degaussing wand will do the trick!

built in coils are weaker yes but this is no bad problem. In fact exact opposite, this is very easy problem (the easiest) since full screen magnetized field. Built in coils handle that easily. Bad problems are magnetic spots (which built in have problem with)
I'm only speaking from my personal experience but I've never had a built in coil on one of my monitors manage to fix full-screen-magnitization. typically anything worse than minor discoloration around the edges has required a manual tool to fix.

I really should pick up a degauss coil, I've been using a corded drill for too long. Lol

Back