What's new

ita123

Student
Reaction score
Hello, Does anyone knows where can i buy an 8 pin mini din scart cable?
Does the cable should be populated with any components?(Caps/Resistors)
Thanks.

@ AlxUnderBase Thanks, It Dosent matter that is a jp21 plug insted of euroscart?

I highly recommend making your own, every 8-pin mini-din to SCART cable I've seen includes audio.
If this is for connecting a HAS+OSSC as you mentioned, you DO NOT WANT audio over SCART cable... Rather you'll use a 3.5mm stereo cable to pass audio separately/only.
This will provide less "noise" in the video signal.

Euro SCART head/pinout, without audio intended for use with HAS+OSSC ONLY!
32sDNvJ.png

You do NOT need to bridge all the ground pins together, the OSSC does this internally.
You simply need one ground line connected, I use pin18 in addition to the cable/shield ground (but I suggest keeping these separate to reduce noise).

ejxytlx.png

Remember, don't connect (audio) pins 1 and 2 of the mini-din.

Last edited by a moderator:
That etim product is awesome, but I felt 25+ shipping was a little high.
I got a bunch of 8pin mini-din cables off eBay for 3.99$ a piece, and a bag of SCART heads for 7$.

That etim product is awesome, but I felt 25+ shipping was a little high.
I got a bunch of 8pin mini-din cables off eBay for 3.99$ a piece, and a bag of SCART heads for 7$.
Can u please put a link to the 8pin mini din cables off ebay?

Here's the wiring diagram:
45322952034_a29be64f4a_o.jpg

Audio GND is valid only if you run video and audio via separate cables. If you share the same cable for both, you can just join the GNDs in the Scart head.

Here's the wiring diagram:
45322952034_a29be64f4a_o.jpg

Audio GND is valid only if you run video and audio via separate cables. If you share the same cable for both, you can just join the GNDs in the Scart head.
Thanks.

You don't need +5v or the resistor with the OSSC, maybe on a actual SCART monitor/TV you do.
You also don't need to join any grounds inside the SCART head, just one (any of them) will do.

Again maybe with a actual monitor you need these things, so if you want full compatibility sure, but not for use with OSSC.
It would be a total waste of time for me to make cables using the above diagram.

I don't use any "real" SCART monitors/TVs/devices, only my HAS+OSSC.
As I said, if you follow in my footsteps this is correct (and super easy/quick to wire up).
32sDNvJ.png

You don't need +5v or the resistor with the OSSC, maybe on a actual SCART monitor/TV you do.
You also don't need to join any grounds inside the SCART head, just one (any of them) will do.
Yup, I forgot to add this wiring diagram is for CRT TVs.

I still have a confusion. Even with crt I am not quite sure it's good to connect shielding to pin 18 (ground) on the cable side, these things get connected anyway tv or console side right ?

I have read a lot of contradictory things on that matter.

I still don't understand how ground works to be honest even if things work I feel something is not right.

When I read this article I feel still a lot of confusion exist on how to use it.

https://www.analogictips.com/faq-ground-rules-earth-chassis-signal-ground-faq/

If you have a PVM you should also have BNC connectors.
With the HD15 adapter installed you can simply use a VGA to BNC cable like this...
vga-to-5-bnc-cable-500x500.jpg

You will leave the 5th BNC (Vsync if this was truly VGA) disconnected.
HAS outputs composite sync on pin#13 only (Hsync if this was VGA) the 4th BNC.

Don't mess around with SCART if its not directly used by your display.

Even with crt I am not quite sure it's good to connect shielding to pin 18 (ground) on the cable side
Well you must connect ground to the shielding, or you will get a ton of noise in the cable.
Also if you probe the OSSC with a multimeter in continuity mode you'll see internally all the grounds are connected/bridged anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a PVM you should also have BNC connectors.
With the HD15 adapter installed you can simply use a VGA to BNC cable like this...
vga-to-5-bnc-cable-500x500.jpg

You will leave the 5th BNC (Vsync if this was truly VGA) disconnected.
HAS outputs composite sync on pin#13 only (Hsync if this was VGA) the 4th BNC.

Don't mess around with SCART if its not directly used by your display.

Even with crt I am not quite sure it's good to connect shielding to pin 18 (ground) on the cable side
Well you must connect ground to the shielding, or you will get a ton of noise in the cable.Also if you probe the OSSC with a multimeter in continuity mode you'll see internally all the grounds are connected/bridged anyway.
I have short experience with this cable that I'd like to share, not concerning OSSC, or your specific setup but in general... be careful on what is thrown through HD15... I have just removed it from my setup last week because it caused a problem with my 20F1E with some games on specific colors on specific screens (super mario bros blue sky, 3do usb menu... they were turning yellow).

Actually the problem came from from the Gscartsw output which had HD15 output that was throwing TTL signal instead of 75ohm even in 15khz signals it didn't change the voltage actually.

I always thought HD15 was used because the cable is simple and cheap and it was equal to using the scart output as long as I was using only H-Sync, I was wrong.

I've been troubleshooting this problem since 2 weeks and finally I came to that conclusion with Superg.

I don't know how OSSC outputs from HD15, but I just wanted to spread the word to be careful with HD15 connectors, when I asked Superg concerning the Gscartsw he told me it was actually VGA signal (H+V and TTL voltage), and using only Hsync and 15khz doesn't change the signal norm which is TTL.

Switched to scart outputs and came back to reality, 75 ohm signals.

Never had any problem with the PVM, the BVM was pickier with that.

Hi, I need help.
Which of this rgb cables you recommend for use with the HAS supergun. I’m confused. Thanks for your help in advance

Attachments

• 9FF64A65-D562-4A9E-8EF1-F3321288167D.jpeg
    9FF64A65-D562-4A9E-8EF1-F3321288167D.jpeg
    769.8 KB · Views: 319
Back