What's new
It's a pity the deadstock that was around dried up (did anyone here get any?).
I found some from this source: http://pro-electr.net/prod/capcom/dl-0311-10001/2154549
Would be nice to retrofit an A-board with the correct socket to test them out. Not exactly sure which socket to get for testing though.
Way too expensive though and good luck finding a suitable QFP160 socket.

Also, the specs on the page are wrong - the page states that it's a QFP100 - it's not, it's a QFP160.

It could also mean they’ll actively track them down or harvest them from boards if they know someone will pay?
But who would pay such a price? The only boards which use them are CPS1 and CPS2 to the best of my knowledge and I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay such an extortionate price for just one part; people will just buy another CPS1 or CPS2 A board instead. But of course the seller presumably doesn't know this, to them it's just one part among many hundreds of thousands which they sell.

How has he reversed the CPS-A-01? Decapping? That's the only way to get a faithful reproduction at gate level.
Having it RE as a black box isn't helpful.
He has reverse engineered the entire board and his example is cycle accurate. If you would like to contact him and discuss it with him, I would be more than happy to give you his contact details. What do you mean by black box? My meaning is FPGA and the CPS-A-01 has been reverse engineered.

Just an example of what could be used to simulate the CPS-A-01, it gives you an idea of what I'm trying to express.

Attachments

• 13150_2.jpg
    13150_2.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 179
it gives you an idea of what I'm trying to express
We need a 100% reproduction CPS1 stack with FPGA based customs? :huh: I'd buy that for a dollar! 8o
The MiSTer FPGA platform currently has the CPS1 and work is underway for the CPS2 (very close), I would say it's only 2-3 months away from completion. I have my MiSTer rig, I only have Final Fight and a Street Fighter 2 CPS1 boards to compare it to, but through my analogue display it is perfect (booting and running side by side with original hardware and play/sound feeling). I would still love a cheap FPGA drop in replacement for simulation of the CPS-A-01 IC, as I also have a Final Fight CPS1 board with a more than likely dead CPS-A-01 IC.

We need a 100% reproduction CPS1 stack with FPGA based customs? :huh: I'd buy that for a dollar! 8o
The MiSTer FPGA platform currently has the CPS1 and work is underway for the CPS2 (very close), I would say it's only 2-3 months away from completion. I have my MiSTer rig, I only have Final Fight and a Street Fighter 2 CPS1 boards to compare it to, but through my analogue display it is perfect (booting and running side by side with original hardware and play/sound feeling). I would still love a cheap FPGA drop in replacement for simulation of the CPS-A-01 IC, as I also have a Final Fight CPS1 board with a more than likely dead CPS-A-01 IC.
I’m afraid that FPGA CPS1 implementation is only “time accurate” related to the signals of the system, but is not really accurate at gate level as @Apocalypse states, so it doesn’t work as is for making reproduction to be installed in original hardware

I’m afraid that FPGA CPS1 implementation is only “time accurate” related to the signals of the system, but is not really accurate at gate level as @Apocalypse states, so it doesn’t work as is for making reproduction to be installed in original hardware
It may work if well implemented, but like i said before, it's not a RE, but custom's reimplementation. It does samething, using different engineering.

It may work if well implemented, but like i said before, it's not a RE, but custom's reimplementation. It does samething, using different engineering.
I can’t explain it better! :thumbup:

Excellent news, a replacement for that chip is badly needed.

Last edited:
Back