What's new
If there is, I’d like to know too. Would make using the STV in a dynamo a lot easier!

I have to look at it closer, need to see if the cart connector is specific to the stv, or used in other applications where there might be some type of flexible riser made.

this has been on my list of product ideas for a while.

the connector is STV specific but you might be be able to find an edge connector with the right number of pins and pin-pitch and manually key it. (IIRC it's similar pitch to PCI cards, but keyed differently and a different number of pins) Then you'd need to design a short PCB to solder the connector to and have it plug into the main board. I doubt you'd find a ready made flexible connector or even a right angle adapter for something like this.

Sucks, I guess a riser would have to made. Take lets say Darksoft's design of the edge connector on the STV multi and have that connected to donor cart connector from a dead board.

Basically make a new pcb/riser in conjunction with a harvested cart connector.

If this ever happens I’m definitely in for one

Hello everyone,

I'm not exactly new here (been lurking for a while) but real life has gotten on the way for the last year or so and I never managed to properly engage with the community.

I'd like to gauge interest on this as I actually have access to stock of the proper connector needed for the ST-V. I repaired a board which needed the socket replaced and it now works fine, so there's that.

Some questions:
- Would you like the cartridge to rotate forward (over the board) or backward?
- If you'd prefer for it to be over the board would you need for the cartridge to be facing up (i.e., with the sticker visible) or down? Making it face up means the riser will be, erm, taller. Routing is harder an so on...

Cheers!

Over the board
Face down

Face down over the main board. and honestly it should be designed with the idea you'd be using a de-cased multi cart to get it as low as possible.

also, when you say you "have access to stock of the proper connector". do you mean you have 1 to build for yourself. or you have inventory enough to make a run of these?

Don't really care if it's face down or up, just as long as it happens and I get one! Lol!

Ok, there seems to be enough interest for at least a trial run. :D

I'll have some free time in the next couple of weeks so I'll start designing the board and will give you feedback once I've made some progress.

Cheers!

Now that I have a proper candy cab, I always bump the cart sometimes pulling the stack in and out of the cabinet.
I'd love one.

This is a pretty cool idea tbh. The connector is basically a PCI slot as you guys mentioned.

It looks awfuly similar to a Pentium 2 style CPU Card socket. Actually looking and comparing it almost looks identical. ;)

Back