What's new

VVCollectiv

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking for some assistance to sort out my installation issue with the dark soft CPSII mutli (purchased about 2 months ago from paradise).

I have a CPSII XMEN:COTA F pal rev (board for starters), had a good friend help with the installation and the wiring of the dark soft (reset wire as well).

I tried my best to go through the forums for basic troubleshooting tips and issues and can't seem to find one specific for my issues. (i have no electrical experience)

At the moment I have the latest rom pack installed (sometimes I get a blue screen) (unable to reset games properly {have to turn cab on and off in order to play the game that was last loaded}, with a few games on the SD card for now.) (SanDisk Micro SD 16GB card) (FAT 32 by default)

Confirmed games that has no distorted sound (has sound) - 1944.

Plays well (no sound) - AVSP

All others in basic rom pack have no sound or distorted sound but playable.Have seated and unseated the board many times along with jamma connection to ensure tight firm connection.

I have attached some pictures hoping to help the situation.

The 1st picture is the screen i get with some of the latest rom pack games.

2nd image is what i see, when flashing a rom.

3rd is image after the flash process end and " have fun"

4th image is screenshot to show that proof that the rom fires up (sometimes experienced jail bar graphical lines) (improved with proper seating of board)

20181123_150252 (2).jpg
20181123_150215 (2).jpg

Pictures of my Dark Soft board. (had crop down due to 1mb max file size, can provide better full pictures if needed)

20181121_205905 (4).jpg

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

Attachments

• 20181123_113258 (2).jpg
    20181123_113258 (2).jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 434
  • 20181123_150143 (2).jpg
    20181123_150143 (2).jpg
    928.6 KB · Views: 283
  • 20181118_155206 (7).jpg
    20181118_155206 (7).jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 382
Here are some things for you to look at :)

- You do not have key writing wires installed

- You are definitely not running the latest ROM pack if you don't have key writing wires installed

- The jumper wire for PAL F needs to have the IC leg lifted out of the socket, a jumper wire on the bottom of the board like you have will not work properly (this will be causing your sound and other issues)

Jailbars are generally caused by boards not seated correctly but it sounds like you fixed that already

You need to install the key writing wires, use the correct ROM roll up pack and correctly jumper the PAL and you should be fine

also hat the pal issue. the guide is really confusing there.

also use multimeter and be 100% sure about all the jumpers.

Here are some things for you to look at :)

- You do not have key writing wires installed

- You are definitely not running the latest ROM pack if you don't have key writing wires installed

- The jumper wire for PAL F needs to have the IC leg lifted out of the socket, a jumper wire on the bottom of the board like you have will not work properly (this will be causing your sound and other issues)

Jailbars are generally caused by boards not seated correctly but it sounds like you fixed that already

You need to install the key writing wires, use the correct ROM roll up pack and correctly jumper the PAL and you should be fine
Thank you for your detailed reply, as I will get together with my friend and try to apply these suggestions. I will report back if it fixed the issues. :thumbup:

Let's make this simple:

You do not NEED to install key-writing wires but if you want full functionality you do. Otherwise you can just use the old dcrypted rom pack.

Remove the wire from the bottom of the pcb.

Remove pin 7 of the PAL from the socket and connect a wire between pin 7 and J15 on the main multi pcb.

Reset wire no longer works on SWD5

I finally got around to updating the issues with my buddies and everything seems to be in order working properly. (resets good) (all games play)

The only remaining issue is with the sound, I am getting the "chipmunk" fast paced sound on each game. I was told that I dont have the correct ROM pack.

I have checked most ROM packs on here and they have the same issue. Can someone please link me to the correct ROM pack I need for my particular setup?

Thank You

Sounds like you haven't installed the bodge wire on your F PAL. You need to either do that or replace with a G PAL

Looking back I see you had the wire connected on the bottom of the board, you need to remove the pin from the socket and solder too that, not the pin on the bottom of the board

Sounds like you haven't installed the bodge wire on your F PAL. You need to either do that or replace with a G PAL
I helped work on this game, the pin on the F PAL was lifted and the wire run. In theory that shouldn't be the problem, titanren12 post a pic of what we did, maybe someone will spot a mistake.

Chipmunk sound is the PAL, the pictures are very cropped so I can't see the installation. Is pin 7 connected to CN3 C13 or J17 of the multi?

If it's connected to the board, maybe try connection to the multi pin instead.

Also make sure it's pin 7 you've jumpered, not pin 9. Pin 9 is G PAL wire for rev 3/4

Can we get the pictures uploaded resized rather than cropped?

Is pin 7 connected to CN3 C13 or J17 of the multi?
I don't remember now, but it's the 'cheater' spot on the multi that lets you run the shorter distance, whichever that is.

Those pics are out of date, he needs to take new ones of the F PAL fix.

My board is an older revision, and a G PAL, so I can't look at mine for reference.

Hopefully this is a good enough picture just because the uploader on the forum only allows for up too 1mb.

Attachments

• 20181230_160844.jpg
    20181230_160844.jpg
    954.2 KB · Views: 294
Hmm. Have you checked jumpers are set correctly and you're using the correct roll up pack?

Back