What's new
Salut
J ai des sprites et beug sur l image sur les jeux
Ça peut venir de ou ?
Merci

Q: @greg33 has bug on sprites in the games.
A: check and press firmly the PCB of the multi to make sure it sits correctly. When did you buy it? Was it working before? Did it just stopped working?
vous devez vérifier et appuyer fermement sur le multi pour vous assurer qu'il repose correctement. Quand l'as acheté? Ça marchait avant? At-il juste cessé de fonctionner?

Bonjour
Je l ai acheté le mois dernier
J ai effectué le montage la carte est une b7
La pile à été enlevé aussi

Ok, as Darksoft explained you need to make sure the kit is properly seated to the B board and that the A and B boards are seated together properly.

Board revision won't be causing the issue, it is good you have removed the battery.

I think your A and B are not properly seated, or there may be a bent pin on the interconnects.

Finally got some time to setup my CPS2 Multi. Think I did everything right and have triple checked my work and the forum for debugging, but am stuck. Let me know your thoughts.

Setup: Suicided board (93646B-7), Arthrimus Key Writing QSB, new G-Pal and SD Card from Highsaves w/ Multi (purchased in March 2020)
Issue: After trying to load a game I get solid color screen; off red color
  • Board seems to flash games fine, and reset after flashing
  • LCD Displays All Done Have Fun... Now Playing... messages
  • After flashing and board restarts I get the same solid red screen
Troubleshooting:
  1. Checked all pins on the multi and see no issues on being bent etc.
  2. Visual inspections show all pins plugged in as desired in B Board
  3. Based on the red screen thought it might have to due with the key wiring
    • Checked all wires to solder points on QSB for continuity
    • Have tried loading both encrypted and decrypted game files and the same results
  4. Reseated all boards twice (B board and multi and connector) and issues persist
  5. Tested continuity on adapter/connector and smaller multi board to make sure contacts
  6. Ran test programs; 01010101, 10101010 - no errors
  7. Didn't think this would solve the issue but just to exhaust what I have read on the thread...
    • Discharged EXC5 - no actual discharge noticed, assume this is cause the B board is suicided
    • Checked continuity on all jumpers (even though my understanding is this isn't necessary anymore)
Any help or thoughts would be great. Thanks.

Try reflowing and adding additional solder to the QSB board connections to the key writing pads

Try reflowing and adding additional solder to the QSB board connections to the key writing pads
Will try this today and report back. But question: shouldn’t the decrypted ROMs still work regardless of the QSB?

Reflowed QSB and same issue with solid red screen. Pics attached.

Attachments

• DCA310CC-605F-4BCF-B10F-0787F858CE80.jpeg
    DCA310CC-605F-4BCF-B10F-0787F858CE80.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 7C3055C4-F555-42A4-9788-F37871B9CA90.jpeg
    7C3055C4-F555-42A4-9788-F37871B9CA90.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 134
Darksoft, i will translate if needed :)
Sorry guys, il will try to help using french langage ;)
Bonjour
Je l ai acheté le mois dernier
J ai effectué le montage la carte est une b7
La pile à été enlevé aussi
Salut Greg33,

Attention à bien vérifier (sans les eeprom) que :

- tes jumpers sont bien comme il faut (vérifié avec un multimètre surtout) et ouvert au maximum comme préconisé dans les pages de la doc (page 3).
note : il te faut retirer tous les eeprom avec de faire le test au multimètre sinon tu vas avoir des problèmes de faux positifs.

CPS2 Multikit: Instructions and videos
http://www.mediafire.com/file/obv4fflp48fmq2m/Instructions_CPS2_Multi_Boot_v3.2.pdf/file

- que ton PAL est bien un PAL3-G ou un PAL3-F (que tu devras modifier en G avec un cable) : personnellement j'ai eu un problème avec celui qui m'avait été livré avec le kit, écran noir ai montage, j'avais du modifier un PAL-F récupéré sur un board)

- que tes cartes A+B soient bien insérées correctement l'un dans l'autre fermement, que les PCB Darksoft soient également bien emboitées l'une dans l'autre et sur les PCB capcom, et qu'il te manque pas une pin sur une des PCB Darksoft.

- que ta carte SD soit de bonne qualité, suffisament rapide, avec le contenu adéquat (voir le pack tout pret pour CPS2 sur l'un des liens du forum) et que les cables pour injecter soit bien en place entre la PCB darksoft et la board B comme indiqué dans la doc.
If you have a B board revision 5 or above, you will be ok with a PAL G or a PAL F+Cable.
If you already have a PAL F, you need to lift pin 7 of PAL 3 so that doesn't go into the socket and doesn't make contact and solder a jumper wire into the pin J17 that I explained for revision 3 and 4.
Dans le cas contraire, tu auras des bugs graphiques c'est certains (surtout pour la partie jumper et PAL qui permette d'adresser les eeprom)

Fait nous un retour, si possible avec des photos et un peu de google translate, ca aiderai :)
Y'a des français aussi ici :)

Nico

Last edited:
@RandomRetro I meant the points on the QSB itself - the solder balls in the through holes that make contact with the pads on the multi. Your connection for the wires looks good.

@xodaraP yeah so I did reflow those two points as well in second photo. One thing I though of was this is a B board from a conversion someone did to Progear. There is no infinite-key or anything and I replaced the Pal, but could there be something that is not letting the multi write keys cause of how the conversation was done? I don’t see any physical modifications to the board.

No, if it was a conversion already it should be a good candidate. It's not loading the keys for one reason or another which is causing the red screen.

Did I see somewhere you're not able to run decrypted games either?

No, if it was a conversion already it should be a good candidate. It's not loading the keys for one reason or another which is causing the red screen.

Did I see somewhere you're not able to run decrypted games either?
That was what I though but trying to think of anything that could be causing the issue. So weird...

I also checked continuity on the QSB and the ARM pins. So there must be something else is preventing the keys from being written. Thoughts?

Have a look at the pins on the 4 large connectors that connect the A and B board together. Check for a bent pin.

I also checked continuity on the QSB and the ARM pins. So there must be something else is preventing the keys from being written. Thoughts?
As you said earlier, decrypted ROMs don't work either. That means that the key writing is likely not responsible for the problem.

Is the bridge PCB connecting the main multi board to the program from board facing the right direction?

Agreed @Arthrimus. And to triple confirm I tested continuity all the way to underside of B board at CN9. All checks out. Also, bridge connector is in the right direction. See pic attached.

@Frank_fjs checked B board pins and nothing is bent on the connectors to A board.

Thanks for all the help here too everyone.

Attachments

• 8F47ADF4-C3CF-46E0-9A04-C7DE3F17AD9D.jpeg
    8F47ADF4-C3CF-46E0-9A04-C7DE3F17AD9D.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 128
Back