What's new
After loading the decrypted stuff. I assume you did a power cycle? As there is no reset wire attached.

install itself looks pretty solid to me from what I can judge from my small phone screen.
Also the Sandisk Ultra is good, use one myself.
How did you format it? Fat32? exFAT? Try a smaller 4/8GB if you have one to rule that out.
32GB is still a SDHC card so that should work fine

Can you lay the cable flat and take a pic for us to see if the cables is connected right. Or can you ensure it’s 1:1 as per the guide.

At this point I would short the EXC5 again after using an encrypted set as it might have tried to write the keys. And then try the decrypted set clean.

Also definitely give the interconnect PCB another push on all corners.
Support the main PCB with your fingers from the underside so it doesn’t flex

After loading the decrypted stuff. I assume you did a power cycle? As there is no reset wire attached.

install itself looks pretty solid to me from what I can judge from my small phone screen.
How did you format it? Fat32? exFAT? Try a smaller 4/8GB if you have one to rule that out.
The link posted is for an Ultra card. But the card installed is an Extreme card.

The link posted is for an Ultra card. But the card installed is an Extreme card.
good catch. Still shouldn’t make a difference though as the multi recognized the card and shows the gameslist on the LCD.
But definitely something you want to rule out.

too bad 4/8GB cards are card to come by nowadays... :(
Samsung Evo has my preference but the Sandisks have worked fine for me as well (the Ultra then)

I have a lot of 32/64 gb ones, but their mostly higher speed ones from my wife's cameras.

I found an older 2GB Samsung microSD I'm formatting and writing part of the rollup pack to test now.

Here's an album of the Samsung 2GB test- same results

Screenshots of results and the SD cards:
https://imgur.com/a/WuzzWSZ

Also posted two photos of power on- it is brighter black before the flash and then goes darker black after the "All done: Have fun!"

Did you try shorting the EXC5 for sometime on all pins with the board unplugged?

Did you try shorting the EXC5 for sometime on all pins with the board unplugged?
Powered off and unplugged board, separated A and B board, shorted EXC5 on bottom of B board (middle to right, middle to left, and across all three) for 60 seconds a piece

Same result. Thanks for the assistance, appreciate you all!

4tN2hc2.jpg

Also posted two photos of power on- it is brighter black before the flash and then goes darker black after the "All done: Have fun!"
That really sounds like a main program ROM issue as @Darksoft mentioned earlier.

The lighter screen is usually what you see if main program ROMs are missing, pure black like the second image looks to me like the code is running but it's crashing.

What game are you trying to run? And what are the voltages on your PSU?

Can you please check what cable for key writing are you using?

Looks like there was a small issue with some of the cables recently shipped by highscoresaves.

CPS2 Multikit: Instructions and videos (old version till 10.2020)
It was from highscoresaves- added to the same purchase when I bought the 2020 darksoft kit

The wires look a little criss-crossed but it does look like pin 2 is connected to 2, 3 connected to 3, 4 connected to 4, and 5 to 5. Looking at that other reference image, should the pins be going differently? (2 to 5, 3 to 4, 4 to 3, and 5 to 2)?
https://imgur.com/a/S87BTb3

Cheers!

EDIT: not sure if the order info/date helps identify if I was one of the 15
J3HFj5p.png

Last edited:

That really sounds like a main program ROM issue as @Darksoft mentioned earlier.

The lighter screen is usually what you see if main program ROMs are missing, pure black like the second image looks to me like the code is running but it's crashing.

What game are you trying to run? And what are the voltages on your PSU?
PROGRESS! Did another round of disconnecting A/B board, discharging EXC5, and reloading the larger 32gb sd with the decrypted 2020 roll up pack I got off of archive.org .

Much better results than I have been! Going to try the 2GB I have next with a couple of the games and see.
https://imgur.com/a/3l2dYIp

j3MbHuF.jpg

Is that with key writing or decrypted roms?

also make sure the A and B board are properly connected, run the B board without a case to test and firmly press it down

Edit; decrypted roms I read now

Is that with key writing or decrypted roms?

also make sure the A and B board are properly connected, run the B board without a case to test and firmly press it down

Edit; decrypted roms I read now
Success! One corner was a little loose that I didn't get when pushing down the sides. At least it is working with the decrypted files now! Now to just figure out the encrypted files. Hopefully it's just the key cable now.

Again, very grateful for the lot of you!

Zzl2HYQ.jpg

fpcmOJK.jpg

Nice to see progress.

Also if you can, invest in some clips for your CPS-2 set. I use them on my setups and they add that extra pressure sometimes needed to hold A/B together.

Additional picture of the cable after I repinned it so you can verify its a straight cable

A71EB57D-79B7-46F6-A83B-5B08F7D2689E.jpeg
I appreciate the heads up on this!I made an error when I sent out the first batch of cables during our move. I am very sorry about this!

The error is now corrected for future customers and will take care of anyone that this affected (about 15 customers) If you need help removing the pins or anything else....LMK!

Nice to see progress.

Also if you can, invest in some clips for your CPS-2 set. I use them on my setups and they add that extra pressure sometimes needed to hold A/B together.
Where can you find these clips? I’d like to get a couple sets if possible.

Back