What's new
Do you have a way to test sound via the JAMMA edge? Either a Supergun or a cab?

It would be good if you could confirm the sound is present and correct before making further assumptions

Unfortunately no. I'm still waiting for a Q1 supergun. Was told July but all signs point to October so I'll have to sit on this issue for a while. I plan on reflowing my cps io switches to get them working and then maybe redo the coax. After that, well not much choice left. I thank you all for your help, you've eliminated many possibilities and gotten me down to a few things to focus on. Love the community, keep it up! I appreciate any further suggestions.

Last edited:
I bumped into the RCA wires on accident and suddenly I had some sound. A resolder later and it all works perfect. It was a rookie mistake on my part for not testing the audio jacks, but I'm glad it was something simple and easy. I really appreciate your help everyone, thanks for your patience.

Hello, I've just tried to install my multiCPS2 today on my revision 3 board and I have a purple screen after selecting a game and key writing ... I checked with an unencrypted game with same result ! As the board was working well few hours ago, I had to remove the battery and I shorted EXC5 (for few seconds, don't know if it's enough).
I've checked continuity between different pin contact from B board to MultiCPS2 board and it seems OK. I've checked the 4 wire for key programming and it's OK too. I've put a GAL16V programmed with the PAL3 G version and I did connect pin 9 from GAL16V to J17. I also checked that the small board connecting the 2 main MultiCPS2 boards was in the right way.

In the installation document, there is an instruction about the jumpers settings that says : don't touch them, let them as they are !
But in a previous install document, I see instructions about the jumper configuration :
SOOS SO OSOSOS SOSOSOSO SOSOSOSO (S=Short, O=Open)
On my board I have
SOOS SO OSSOSO OSOSOSOS OSOSOSOS

It's quite different ... So, should I change the jumpers settings or not ? If not, what could be the cause of my issue ?

No need to adjust jumpers

What was the donor game and did you confirm it was working before you installed the multi kit?

Ok thanks for the info ! The game was Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (Jap version) and it was working before trying to install the MultiCPS2 !
I use a Sandisk 64GB microSD card, FAT32 formated. Could it cause these kind of issue ? I can select the games with the included screen and after flashing game and writing keys, the screen is always purple ... I tried the Punisher CPS2 "hack" with key bytes all to FF and it's still purple :(
It's almost 4AM now here, I'll get some rest, I'm not able to thing anymore ...

What brand of SD card? Do you have a smaller one you can use, 64gb is massive...

Things to confirm:
- Key writing wires installed correctly
- Try another SD card, preferably 32gb or smaller
- Interconnect board installed the correct way
- Multi kit is seated correctly

Take some photos of key writing wires and the multi kit installation as well to confirm the above :)

Last edited:
My sd card is a Sandisk !

I did test the connection between multicps2 and b Board with a continuity tester, it should not be the problem !

For the installation part :

BTW I did program the GAL16V myself, I did extract data from it to check and the program is ok, but I did test with the original PAL3 chip I had and I also have a solid purple screen with it ! I also tested with no chip for PAL with same result ...
I definitely have to test with a smaller SD card ! I’ll do it later today after my work day !

Ok your key writing wires are correct, try a smaller SD card (32gb or below, preferably 8gb)

Did you extract the roll up pack to the SD card preserving the directory structure? You should have a folder called games in the root directory and all games within that

Do you use a Mac? If so you need to run the dot_clean command to remove the preview files macOS creates automatically

Yes I kept the directory structure to have a games folder at root and I can view the list of games when using the buttons on the remote screen.
But you are right, I have a Mac ... So I have some useless folders created on the SD Card ! I'll check that dot_clean thing that I didn't noticed, thanks for pointing that ! Not removing these files could lead to such malfunction ?

Edit : my bad, I've just read the end of the installation procedure ... Everything is written here and it seems to lead to black/purple screen issue :S
I feel so dumb ... I'll try that when I'll be home to confirm that this is really the reason why I slept only 4 hours that night :whistling:

Last edited:
Not removing the dot files will absolutely lead to malfunction, so they need to be removed

If you're on a later version of macOS, Apple has added stupid security settings so you can't run dot_clean even on an external SD card without setting the permissions correctly. If you come across that issue I have a fix.

Don't feel bad, it happens a lot and that's why it's all documented here. As we fix issues we add to the documentation for next time

Thanks for pointing this to me !
My SD card is indeed a XC card ! I've ordered a Sandisk 32GB micro SD (non XC) and I'll try to find a small MicroSD to make some tests ... Thanks for all the info, the multiCPS2 is really not tolerant ! I also have a Darksoft Multi AES with the same 64GB MicroSD (and hidden MacOS files) and I have no issue at all !

Ok I tried to use one 4GB sd card I had in a new 2DS XL, copied few games, run the dot_clean script on the mounting point (after giving full disk access to the terminal elseway I had protection error as you guessed), and still had purple screen !
I found a 8GB card, I did format it using a Windows virtual machine I had, copied some games, tried and it worked !!! Thanks guys, the problem I had was only due to sd card stuff ! It’s time to enjoy few games (and the fan noise ... I have to install a "silent" fan now ;)

Did an install today for @dexster

Smooth as silk, used the included short LCD ribbon cable to test, all good.

He had purchased the longer cable from @CPZ - SAVEYOURGAMES so we put that in to finish it off once we had confirmed it worked with the shorter stock cable (just easier to test with the short cable).

Long story short, the longer cable didn't work and is wired backwards. Is this common?

Not removing the dot files will absolutely lead to malfunction, so they need to be removed

If you're on a later version of macOS, Apple has added stupid security settings so you can't run dot_clean even on an external SD card without setting the permissions correctly. If you come across that issue I have a fix.

Don't feel bad, it happens a lot and that's why it's all documented here. As we fix issues we add to the documentation for next time
Running these commands from Terminal in OS/X clears all the hidden stuff out manually:

find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type f -name ".DS_Store" -delete
find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type f -name "._*" -delete
find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type f -name ".FBC*" -delete

find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type f -name ".Spotlight*" -delete
find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type f -name ".fseven*" -delete
find "/Volumes/YOURCARDSNAME" -type d -name ".Trashes" -delete

Back