What's new
Honestly I still have my $5 on the interconnect board being seated too high...
Add another $5, the side of the interconnect board closer to the main PCB of the kit is not inserted enough IMHO.

I agree. My system is in an actual full size cabinet and I moved the Cabinet the other day. Same deal - solid green, black screen programming, solid green again.

Once I opened it up I immediately noticed the interconnect board had come slightly loose. My advice is to take your middle finger and thumb on each hand and press each side of the interconnect together with each board like a sandwich. The reason I say this is because there's no standoff for the larger board in that corner, so if you're just mashing the interconnect board down on the daughter board you may incidentally loosen its connection to the larger board.

I've pushed it in with no change, any harder and i'm concerned about breaking the PCB.

worth noting - even though i'm running an avalaunch rom, it's saying it's programming a key.
is that normal?

If you look at the files on the sd card you’ll see a KEY file in every folder. You should anyway! If you look at the contents you’ll see the hacks and avalaunch just have 16 blank bytes rather than an actual key. So it’s normal for the multi to say it’s writing the key, it’s just writing a blank key.

Hi everyone,
I installed my multi kit and it worked great for maybe 10-15 minutes when I was testing it out. Came back a few hours later to play and the sound was all wonky, still recognizable but playing the wrong sounds at the right time.
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and checked for broken pins but I can’t find anything wrong. I’m running a rev 4 with a g pal. Where should I start?
I noticed people talking about jumpers before, but the second step is literally “there is no need to modify the jumper configuration”
Thanks

added photos of install
https://imgur.com/a/1o3ja1b

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I installed my multi kit and it worked great for maybe 10-15 minutes when I was testing it out. Came back a few hours later to play and the sound was all wonky, still recognizable but playing the wrong sounds at the right time.
I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and checked for broken pins but I can’t find anything wrong. I’m running a rev 4 with a g pal. Where should I start?
I noticed people talking about jumpers before, but the second step is literally “there is no need to modify the jumper configuration”
Thanks

added photos of install
https://imgur.com/a/1o3ja1b
That could be a PAL issue or a problem with the multi or the jumpers not cut properyl. Even a bad microSD could load the contents bad to the microSD.

As you are US based, I would suggest that you get in touch with @Mitsurugi-w He can have a look and install it for you for a fee.

After looking at the pictures. It could be that the brown wire is connected directly to pin 9 of the PALG. Can you try lifting up the pin and soldering there?

Sure, I’ll give it a go right now.

Haha it worked! I should’ve just posted 2 months ago and saved myself the headache. Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hi,
i install my multi and all work great (2 weeks)

Today l’ve got a Blue screen with my multi
With an original Board B, it’s ok
1/ i’m looking for EXC5 and found it on B board :60sec shortcut : always Blue screen
2/ i reload roms on the same SD card (buy with the multi): it loads but always Blue screen.

Could you help me please.

thanks.

Last edited:
with such little information its complicated to troubleshoot it. Got some pictures?

Sounds like a key writing wire issue from here but yes, pictures please :)

Hi,
Thank you,
I will post pictures but i can not now (too much work and childs!)
When i installed (2weeks ago) the key writing wires, i damage multiCPS2 (DATA). À friend repair the damage (DATA pin) and all work good . And now it does not work.
is There anothere way to take DATA on the multiCPS2 card

thank you Again
Have à Nice day

Entirely possible that's the reason for it not working. I think you would have to (very very carefully) connect the wire straight to the FPGA

I'd be sending it to someone who knows what they're doing and get it repaired.

Thank you
Do you have a link to dl a decrypted rom?
Best regards

Summary

i try to install lonely my multi-cps2 (big mistake)
I make bad work and dammage DATA point.

IMG_0498.jpeg

i go to a friend who has an expertise
He repairs my board and i was happy to play. 100% functional

IMG_0904.jpeg
IMG_1218.jpeg

2 weeks later, i turn on my supergun and discover a blue (pale) screen. I switch to another game: black screen during flash card message and blue screen

I make a short cut at EXC5 nothing
I try decrypted games nothing
I reinstall encrypted games .....> GREEN SCREEN

next?

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• IMG_5154.jpeg
    IMG_5154.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 113
Back