What's new
I'm gonna try my other laptop in case this one is acting weird again.

Hey guys I need some help please

ive installed the kit today after following the instructions very carefully
I have revision 7 board with pal-f and ive replaced it with pal g that ive got with my kit
after finishing with install im getting a green screen and ive tried to troubleshoot this issue with the information on this tread
ive tried so far to remove the key writing wires and boot a decrypted game and still got a green screen, I tried to short the exc5 legs and got some fuzzy blue screen and after booting another game returned to the usual green screen also tried to replace SD cards with different encrypted and decrypted games, and ive double checked about the pins of the board and all off them seems in place.

some can give me an idea about what else that can be done?

Thanks

When did you purchase your kit? The firmware may need upgrading

What do you get on your LCD screen?

Please post pictures of your key writing wires as well.

Thanks for replaying

ive purchased the kit last week from highscoresaves
on the lcd i can see the list of the games that is on the sd card
about the battery i actually have the cps2 about a year and i bought it with battery and a week ago ive opened to look what revision it is and ive noticed that the battery leaking so i trimmed it off

here is some pictures that ive took right now i re soldered the wires and checked for continuity again right now as well

https://imgur.com/a/0FPvjVt

To make sure that the GAL is good. Try with the PALF that you have before. If it works even with bad GFX or Sound, then you know the cause.

In any case, I don't like those soldering done in the key inject part. I'm pretty confident that this is the source of your problems. Maybe some parts doing bad contact or they inject cables not in the right order.

I would suggest getting a proper connector for CN9 - as @Darksoft mentioned those connections don't look great.

Also your green wire looks like it might be bridged with the nearby cap.

Meter out all your connections for continuity

I had similar trouble, putting pressure on the outside connectors while booting up got it going for me. The permanent fix was to put everything back in the case including the retention clips between the a and b board.

ok so ive tried to replace the pal f again with pulling the pin7 to the j17 on the big board and got the same result again.

ill take another look on the soldering, I already checked the order of the connection and they look good, ill try to get the qsb board

from arthrimus site for easy connection, my fear is that the issue is not with multi board and its actually with the a or b board someone can tell

if thats posibble considering the green screen that im getting?

Green screen is suicide. It suggests to me that your key writing wires are at fault.

I don't think the Arthrimus board is going to help. You need to put together a JST NH connector for CN9 and meter out your connections.

JNX give me a that jst nh connector + pins ... now i have the crimping tool but i don't need to do this because i used dupont and i soldered that cables termination on right points on the multi board . Nice job :whistling:

Hello I assembled my kit today. I’m missing the wires for the key install as I’m waiting for the Arthrimus board to arrive in the mail. I tried to test it with MVC unlocked and I’m still getting an orange or now a light green screen. I soldered a wire from the F pal pin 7 to C13. I had a G pal soldered to C13 but it broke so I had to use the F pal. I have a suicided X-men vs SF board and going with one of the old videos I soldered the jumpers to match a rev 7 that was originally thought to be needed for the kit. I removed and reattached the kit to see if I had any loose pins. Is there anything can I do? Should I just wait for the Arthrimus kit on Monday?

Decrypted should still work as normal.

You shouldn't have made any jumper changes for X-Men vs SF on rev 7. It was set correctly.

Coloured screen is suicide, did you remove the battery and have you cleared keys from EXC5?

My X vs SF is a rev 4 game so I changed the jumpers. My game suicided on me over a year ago after my failed battery install. It was my first solder job. I removed the battery over a month ago. I don’t know how to clear keys from EXC5

Ok, if it's been off battery for that long it should be fine but regardless remove the battery if there is still one and short all 3 pins of EXC5 together (with the board off)

You still didn't need to make any jumper changes but that isn't going to cause main program not to start.

Can you take photos of your installation please

It won’t let me upload the photos as the file sizes are too big :thumbdown: Should I just remove EXC5 from the board?

Back