What's new
Reaction score
I'd like to set up a coin slot so I can plunk down quarters for credits instead of just pressing a button. I'm using the Sigma AV7000 now but planning to switch to the HAS or Sentinel once they become available.

Any ideas for putting this together? Maybe something attached to the harness going between the PCB and supergun? Will the coin slot need power?

You can get a cheap electronic coin mech and hook up the wires / harness from it to jamma on the Sigma. Generally you'll need three wires running into the mech: Coin, Power and Ground.

Get a mechanical coin mech and you won't need power.

What's an easy way to hook the coin mech to the coin pin on the Sigma when it's connected to a PCB through the harness? Is soldering to the same harness the only way to do it?

Can I get power and ground from the JAMMA rail too or would I need a separate power supply?

A mechanical coin mech would make this easier but that's a tough term to google. Do you know of any?

You definitely don’t need a seperate PSU for a coin mech. Tap the power and coin signal somewhere from your wiring, if you go the electronic route.

The Asahi Seiko AD81P is a mechanical coin mech that was used in Candy Cabs, like the Astro City and would also work fine, @Frank_fjs can elaborate on the exact wire switch you can use to trigger a coin hit.

Maybe I was being just a little bit lazy.

So it seems they are easy to find. Since these won't need power, can anyone tell me the best non-soldering way to hook one up to the coin pin on a JAMMA harness? Maybe a special alligator type clip?

Cleanest way would be to just use an inline fingerboard.

I'm sorry for my ignorance but how would I use a fingerboard to connect a mechanical coin mechanism to a JAMMA harness? I see them online but I can't visualize how that would work.

Cleanest would be to have a small wired connector going from the fingerboard to the coin mech. Plus since it’s an inline fingerboard, you can use it on any Jamma based board without having to alter anything on the supergun/board itself.

I think I saw that Frank made a fingerboard, of course you’d have to solder it together or have someone do it.

Yes, you could. However, that harness is poor quality and could result in issues with games. Subpar connectors, no notch for the key and the wiring for the power lines is most likely inadequate.

Just get an inline adapter like XianXi said.

Yes, you could. However, that harness is poor quality and could result in issues with games. Subpar connectors, no notch for the key and the wiring for the power lines is most likely inadequate.

Just get an inline adapter like XianXi said.
That Harness is not poor quality.. it is F**king garbage... anyone and everyone should avoid it at all cost.

Reactions: nem
Back