What's new
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to make your PGM region free (that I know of). That would make this multi extremely useful. For example, there's no actual English PCB's of games like KOV, yet on MAME they have English roms. This multi would enable us to finally play English versions on real hardware!? Again, I could be mistaken and there is another way to play the English versions, but I've been unable to find any info suggesting otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no way to make your PGM region free (that I know of). That would make this multi extremely useful. For example, there's no actual English PCB's of games like KOV, yet on MAME they have English roms. This multi would enable us to finally play English versions on real hardware!? Again, I could be mistaken and there is another way to play the English versions, but I've been unable to find any info suggesting otherwise.
there is no region lock on the pgm mobo; therefore every pgm console is region free. Any mobo can play usa region or jp region or world region carts.

The protection chip inside the cart itself defines the region for most games but there are patched roms you can easily swap into the cart to change the region. There's a whole thread on this topic.

there is no region lock on the pgm mobo; therefore every pgm console is region free. Any mobo can play usa region or jp region or world region carts.
The protection chip inside the cart itself defines the region for most games but there are patched roms you can easily swap into the cart to change the region. There's a whole thread on this topic.
Woops, guess I missed that thread. But that's good to know, thanks for the info.

So in order for me to play English versions I'd still have to burn or locate the English roms...considering PGM is kinda niche over here I'd say the multi would still be worth it for this alone.

Woops, guess I missed that thread. But that's good to know, thanks for the info.
I can't find it at the moment as unfortunately it's very difficult to find older threads on this forum.

maybe @kuze has a link as I believe he made some (all?) of the region patches in that thread.

I can't find it at the moment as unfortunately it's very difficult to find older threads on this forum.
maybe @kuze has a link as I believe he made some (all?) of the region patches in that thread.
I don't think it has its own thread but the language/region conversions are discussed quite extensively (via kuze) here.

Back