What's new

Niclas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello.
Is it possible to mount a subwoofer in a upright naomi cabinet?

There's one on both Crazy Taxi and Jambo Safari. If you want an easy install, look for someone parting out either cab.

Yes thats one way i can do it.
But can i use the stock sound amp?
It has a sub output.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181201-090435.jpg
    Screenshot_20181201-090435.jpg
    808.6 KB · Views: 380
I used a Focal car subwoofer and put it under the cabinet it barely fits when you surelevate the feet by turning their gears. Yes the stock Naomi amp supports the Subwoofer.

I am planing to put it on a naomi upright cab.
So i was thinking of doing it as on like the crazy taxi cab.
By building my own sub box.

On Sega cabs there's a low pass amp in the chain between the regular audio amp and the sub. It's a cheap part (part no 838-11651-91).

can i use the stock sound amp?
It has a sub output.
that is an UNAMPLIFIED output, so you'll still need an amp for the sub. on the official setups Sega routes this output to a low-pass amp as nem pointed out.

in my setup I am using a car subwoofer which is amplified with 12v psu, in that case no need for low-pass amp, I only use RCA Y

it's overkill to use it in my appartment, I only use 1% of it I could kill my old neighbours from heart attack, but it gets a pretty decent pots when I dial pots to correct

focal-ibus-2-1-caisson-subwoofer-plat-amplifie.jpg

exactly, I also put some dampening material, but it was so thick I had to block the wheels and surelevate the cab with 2cm

Too bad there is limited space inside the cab, would be nice to fit a small sub behind the coin box.
Something like a Logitech PC set or so?

Although that would be a lot less effective compared to your setup I would say :)

I prefer to have only one pcb to manipulate inside the cab and see very well what I do.
I use subwoofer and extron ars vga switch with audio also under the cab.

bkYrF8N.jpg

Last edited:
in my setup I am using a car subwoofer which is amplified with 12v psu, in that case no need for low-pass amp, I only use RCA Y

it's overkill to use it in my appartment, I only use 1% of it I could kill my old neighbours from heart attack, but it gets a pretty decent pots when I dial pots to correct

you have Focal subwoofer ibus 2.0 Or 2.1 ?

• So how do i power it with a 12v psu?
  • Could i buy a atx psu, and cut wires and connect it?

Small 8" sub works really great :thumbsup:
Just need to clean all the wires and shit 8|

Attachments

• 2018-12-14-18-43-15.jpg
    2018-12-14-18-43-15.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 250
Back