What's new
Thank you @acblunden2
I'll look into that.
For now I've got those PBJamma boards on order.
As for audio amp, parts are inbound to rebuild the speaker system in my cabinet to accept RCA in for now.
Most likely I'm just going to route the reference audio out of the box for now with RCAs until I build an amp using your schematics in this thread.
Good stuff guys!

Thanks for the comments @Lemony Vengeance We'd love to see a revival of a SCART to Jamma all-in-one solution.
Clearly the Saturn scene is building steam, and I've had others reach out to me for notes, and documentation.

To get the proper use out of the PB.JAMMA, get all the necessary parts for it.
  • 2x10 pin headers 2.54mm spacing for 1p and 2p
    • You'll need 2 of the ribbon cables too
    • You'll need the pin headers for your Brook boards too
  • JST NH Series header for the kick harness
  • Parts to make your kick harness
Parts take time to come in from China or where ever. But you'll love the PB.JAMMA. Lemony did a great job of designing it.

Thanks for the comments @Lemony Vengeance We'd love to see a revival of a SCART to Jamma all-in-one solution.
Clearly the Saturn scene is building steam, and I've had others reach out to me for notes, and documentation.
“Don’t call it a comeback, he’s been here for years” — Lemony still makes his “jamma all-in-one” adapters (I think the latest incarnation is called the Awesome Vengeance Adapter) and he’s very giving on his time customising them to spec. — I waited patiently for a spot but he recently came through.

The box I’m getting handles video and controls for Xbox 360, OG Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1/2/3, NES, SNES and PC. The only noteworthy consoles it doesn’t do are the Mega Drive and PCE. I could have added them on for a negligible cost, but doubt I would play them on a cab very much.

His reputation and work is highly regarded and I’m happy to have finally got in touch because shipping/sourcing parts to DIY in Australia would be such a pain in the arse.

I’m still waiting on the box to arrive, but I can highly recommend him if the DIY approach is daunting...

To get the proper use out of the PB.JAMMA, get all the necessary parts for it.
  • 2x10 pin headers 2.54mm spacing for 1p and 2p
    • You'll need 2 of the ribbon cables too
    • You'll need the pin headers for your Brook boards too
  • JST NH Series header for the kick harness
  • Parts to make your kick harness
Parts take time to come in from China or where ever. But you'll love the PB.JAMMA. Lemony did a great job of designing it.
Thanks dude.
I'll start sourcing these today to get moving.
“Don’t call it a comeback, he’s been here for years” — Lemony still makes his “jamma all-in-one” adapters (I think the latest incarnation is called the Awesome Vengeance Adapter) and he’s very giving on his time customising them to spec. — I waited patiently for a spot but he recently came through.
The box I’m getting handles video and controls for Xbox 360, OG Xbox, Dreamcast, Saturn, PS1/2/3, NES, SNES and PC. The only noteworthy consoles it doesn’t do are the Mega Drive and PCE. I could have added them on for a negligible cost, but doubt I would play them on a cab very much.

His reputation and work is highly regarded and I’m happy to have finally got in touch because shipping/sourcing parts to DIY in Australia would be such a pain in the arse.

I’m still waiting on the box to arrive, but I can highly recommend him if the DIY approach is daunting...
I didn't know he made an All-in-one. I've been scowering the internet for anything SCART to JAMMA, and most I find are old posts of who made what.
No documentation, no knowledge-base, no drawings, nothing.
Some details are on youtube, but its incomplete and very loose with translation on what to buy, and where things go.

Once again, this place never fails to surprise me with it's intelligent community.
Thanks for chiming in on this endeavor.

It took a lot of work finding a solution @psykom1 — not having much in the way of social media to contact people made it even more difficult!

It’s a real pity that Jamma-Con and Tim Worthington’s products are out of production too as those are both great. I’m still trying to hunt down another UVC which is proving impossible. I wish it was easier which is why I opted for Lemony’s box so I have it all nice and compact, plug and play, tested and pimped out by a pro.

Mad props to you for getting it together and making your own solution. It looks great, you probably learnt a lot in the process, and I’m sure this archive of information will help others trying to find a way... muchos respect.

Thanks for the comments @[u]@Lemony Vengeance[/u] We'd love to see a revival of a SCART to Jamma all-in-one solution.
You guys are too kind, really. I'm literally just a dude in a basement making stuff by hand like a chump :D

I don't want to diminish the focus of this thread though. OP's worked hard on this and had a lot of great input from the crew here. I love it when a plan comes together :D

It took a lot of work finding a solution @psykom1 — not having much in the way of social media to contact people made it even more difficult!

It’s a real pity that Jamma-Con and Tim Worthington’s products are out of production too as those are both great. I’m still trying to hunt down another UVC which is proving impossible. I wish it was easier which is why I opted for Lemony’s box so I have it all nice and compact, plug and play, tested and pimped out by a pro.

Mad props to you for getting it together and making your own solution. It looks great, you probably learnt a lot in the process, and I’m sure this archive of information will help others trying to find a way... muchos respect.
DIY'ing this stuff is part of the fun. And you end up getting what you want if you put in enough effort.

The last round of the JammaCon was available to me when I started researching this. I didn't bite though since think for my situation, a multi console PCB was more versatile and I could always move them to fight sticks when needed. Using TheLastBandit's controller interfaces didn't jive with what I wanted. Then weighing in Euro to USD exchange rates and shipping from overseas, I didn't see the equity in it. I saw a few SCART2Jamma version 2.0's in the aftermarket for good prices, but viletim had said version 3.0 was just around the corner and didn't bite on those either. Hope viletim gets moving on that. Now is the time because the retro scene has exploded; the iron is hot.

I reached out to Lemony to make me a version of of his box too. But he was going through some personal issues and it was hard to communicate with him at the time. Plus I figured it out in the interim. He was gracious enough to allow me to back out of our agreement. Which reminds me @Lemony Vengeance, glad you chimed in. Let me compensate you for the shipping back to me and your efforts. Will send it over to your Paypal by the weekend.

I don't have the requisite skills with gerber files and/or Fritzing. So I'll repeat this wish, would love a fingerboard as robust as the PB.JAMMA that would allow DIY'ers to do everything needed to connect either a console or a PC to JAMMA. The console arena is virutally untapped in this present retro craze. And the J-Pac is long in the tooth; keyboard emulation is OK for MAME. But MAME is no longer the only emulator in town. Need something that allows DIY'es their choice of controller PCB's. J-Pac is ripe for disruption.

Let me compensate you for the shipping back to me and your efforts.

I don't have the requisite skills with gerber files and/or Fritzing. So I'll repeat this wish, would love a fingerboard as robust as the PB.JAMMA that would allow DIY'ers to do everything needed to connect either a console or a PC to JAMMA. The console arena is virutally untapped in this present retro craze. And the J-Pac is long in the tooth; keyboard emulation is OK for MAME. But MAME is no longer the only emulator in town. Need something that allows DIY'es their choice of controller PCB's. J-Pac is ripe for disruption.
You legit didn't need to do that, but it's appreciated! THANK YOU!

I've got something in my brain bucket that will scratch that itch for the DIYer's. I just need time to sit down and design it. :D

If anything, it is for your work with the PB.JAMMA. I sing its praises any chance I get.

Can't wait to see what you have in store for us DIY'ers!

Well, I finally boxed everything up.
Pretty much it's going to stay like this so I can find a better design.
As it stands, I've made it so I can pretty much dismantle it when I need to, but it's cinched together so nothing shorts, or moves.
The Brook retro boards are literally wrapped in plastic bags, and celophane taped over the bags for strength.
Yes I used a ton of glue, it's all locked down. #YOLO
I get it, the thing is completely ugly.

Audio output was left alone.
The output of the Sync-strike is more than adequate for reference audio.
My cabinet now has a little 2.1 stereo amp in it with RCA input.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JVFY27T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got some nice Rockford fosgate replacements, and even built a bodged little sub for the cabinet.
It's enough to plug something in, and swap it out when I need it.
Since my MVS already has a stereo phono out, I can loop it all into the sound system easily and retain stereo.
I'm still on the table of running Jamma audio, so controls and video will do for now until 1 of 3 things happen with this project...

1: I build a new V2 better designed.

2: Somebody here sees what's going on and is interested in making a build with us.

3: I find a Jamma to Scart input somewhere on ebay that i can hack.

bodge1.JPG

BodgeAMF.JPG

To say the least, this stupid little project came together.
Thanks for all the help everybody!
The Nintendo Entertainment System RGB is NEXT! (before this weekend) :)
20181226_110813.jpg

The only thing I'm trying to solve is the crimping of Saturn cables.
I think my Paladin crimper needs a new die.
Gotta hate it when the most needed tool has a "business end" issue.
For now it's all hand wired and taped like a boss.

Attachments

• bodgeAF.JPG
    bodgeAF.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 261
  • BodgeAFMF.JPG
    BodgeAFMF.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
So does @Lemony Vengeance have a "plug-n-play" solution for Saturn to JAMMA? If so I would be interested in one!
You'll want either a JAMMAizer, JAMMACON, or a SCART2ARC3.0.

My personal preference is the JAMMAizer. I own SCART2ARC3.0 as well. No experience with JAMMACon. I feel JAMMAizer and SCART2ARC3.0 have an advantage over JAMMACon in that you can use commonly available multi-console PCB's that will allow you to use them with fight sticks and offers you the widest compatibilty with a range of retro consoles.

If anything Lemony can build you one but I think even he would recommend you pursue the 3 options I've listed.

If anything Lemony can build you one but I think even he would recommend you pursue the 3 options I've listed.
Agreed.

until I design something PCB based of my own, building the JAMMA adapters by hand probably won't happen anymore. Lots of time spent making just one.. time that largely I've begun to value a lot more.

building the JAMMA adapters by hand probably won't happen anymore. Lots of time spent making just one.. time that largely I've begun to value a lot more.
That is exactly why I was looking for "plug-n-play" solution :thumbsup: Found out that Jammacon is back in action so I took that. Let you guys know how it performs when I get it!

Promised to give my thoughts about the product so here it goes:

Tested the Jammacon today with Saturn and it works perfect! Only way I can even tell that it's Saturn game is the 2sec loading pause between the stages, other than that it could be my Dai Ou Jou from IGS PGM (playability vice). Looks stunning, sounds awesome, no inputlag or anything bad to say about this product. I took PS1/PS2 adapter on this too, that I have not tested yet.

SEEHAAA
seehaaa_002.jpeg

My setup now with: Saturn + Jammacon + HAS + OSSC

dodon_001.jpeg

Some DDP pictures
patsi.jpeg

patsiii.jpeg

Back