What's new

Galdaien

Beginner
Reaction score
I recently started to get this error on boot when it gets to the initialization screen (pic). "Acsetup: buffer ram mismatch." Both systems were booting the game fine until now. One gives the error the other continues on to load the game fine. I tried swapping the ram between units, swapped discs, replaced the battery...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• 13523.jpeg
    13523.jpeg
    717.7 KB · Views: 398
Quick update - I swapped all PCB's (minus motherboard)/Ram/dvd drive between the working and non-working unit. Still getting the same error. I'm thinking it's a chip on the motherboard? Anything known to burn out/go bad on these boards? It's the 246a ps2/namco combo motherboard.

Thanks!

@defor might know, but he logs in very rarely.

One of the ram chips on the board has gone faulty? Look for any pairs.

Thanks for the reply. Not entirely sure what you mean by "look for pairs"?

Also, not very versed in pcb repair but under visual inspection this transceiver looks like it has a pretty badly oxidized leg - not sure if something like this could cause the error I'm getting?

Attachments

• 20181211_102931.jpg
    20181211_102931.jpg
    750.1 KB · Views: 216
Reflowed those questionable chips and still getting the same error. :/

Pairs of RAM chips that is. Unfortunately, spotting a broken one is impossible without the proper tools.

246 motherboards are cheap. Could you just swap the mainboard from a working one?

Seems pretty difficult to find a 246a (racing pcb). Not sure if boards from other revisions would swap in? I was curious if RR5 would work with other revisions of 246...

Back