What's new
Reaction score
I have a Club Kart cabinet outfitted with the CRIS system. http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arca...Card Replacement Interface System) Manual.pdf

When I attempt to initialize it in the test menu, I get a "Connection Error." The game will boot with CR disabled, but only 4 tracks are available (cart 840-0062c.) I have checked all harnesses. I respliced the blue wires that connect to the accel pot. I checked a few voltage points on the PCB itself, and it is getting power. I swapped out N2 boards, and same error. I am assuming the board is fried in some way, but uncertain.

Does anyone have any experience with these? The manual provides a wiring diagram if someone wants to point to some additional places to check with a multi. The caps *look* good, but I did not remove and test.

I cannot find one of these anywhere: 998-0150 is the part number.

Finally, I am reading thru the ID card reader replacement thread, but it doesn't look like Club Kart was sorted out. Maybe I dive down that hole.

Thanks!

I had no idea there was such a thing! Does any of the other games that utilize cards have one?

I'm pretty sure this is specific to the CK. It's pretty awesome, because you don't have to use a card to track and build your kart. So you can play all 4 classes and all tracks whenever the fuck you want. But mine is broke!!!!

If you read the card reader emulator thread, the CK reader is touched on.
NAOMI 2/Chihiro/Triforce Card Reader Emulator (Initial D3/WMMT/Mario Kart/F-ZERO AX)

As far as I know, the CK reader was the first introduced by Sega, so probably generation 1 of that tech.

Last edited:
Back