What's new

mdvries73

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi,

As I am not really good with a soldering iron I bought a consolized MV-1FZ from someone and use it on my LCD TV through a framemeister xRGB mini. Now I noticed that part of the screen is missing to the right. To the left I see everything. Now the person who sold it too me told me this is the case with all consolized MVS due to the frequency of the chrystal used by the MVS and to fix it you would need an Crystal used in the AES but that is not an item you can buy nowadays.

I was wondering whether others also ran into this same issue and whether they could fix it somehow. Or maybe bypass by using overscan? How damaging is missing part of the right screen to the actual gameplay in your experience?

Any thoughts and/or help apprecaited.

It would bug the shit out of me I think.

Do you have access to any deeper service menus on that LCD TV?
On old CRT's we used to access the serviceman menu and could move the image around as we needed. I've honestly never tried an LCD TV for the retro stuff, as it always looks sub-par compared to a good CRT.

Another option might be to get an upscaler board that adds scanlines, they may have additional controls for panning the image about.

I do have an xRGB Mini (framemeister) but till now I was not able to find a settings to fix this.

Hmmm.. cheers for linking that thread! I'm actually pondering if the cheaper ali-express model might function as a kind of remote board effectively for my Dino King monitors. Accessing the pots is a royal pain in the arse on those, just a shame that it doesn't do horizontal / vertical size too.
The full on board, is that 12000 yen? Pricey for sure. Even if feature packed.

I've been extremely happy with the Ali board. It is a shame it doesn't offer size adjustment but to be honest so far I've not needed it. All the usual boards I run, neo, capcom etc fit perfectly both horizontally and vertically.

One of my Dino's has a busted horizontal coil. It's in permanent overscanny mode.
If that adaptor did h-size it would be an insta-buy on ali-express :D

Back