What's new
The guide looks good at a glance. Sad there isn't a convenient place to tap 12v for the LEDs like there was on the CPS3, but them's the breaks I suppose.

That reminds me, I need to order a replacement 80mm fan before I attempt this installation too...

mine got stuck in german customs it seems :cursing:
Can i do something for that ?Please let me know if they want any paper staff.

Today i shipped Some CPS2 and CPS3 Cases too .
i honestly don't know, i only see what the tracking tells me... but today was one of the main days for carnival in Germany, so i hope the all will resume working normally tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Got my Serial #2 case in. Looks fantastic. Great job @hursit!

Question 1: I noticed there isn't a stand off for the middle of the A-Board but there is a hole lined up for it. Was that intentional?

Question 2: I am having a real hard time getting the LCD to fit through the front rectangle hole to mount. Is it supposed to snap through? I don't want to break it so I'm asking first before applying more force.

Got my Serial #2 case in. Looks fantastic. Great job @hursit!

Question 1: I noticed there isn't a stand off for the middle of the A-Board but there is a hole lined up for it. Was that intentional?

Question 2: I am having a real hard time getting the LCD to fit through the front rectangle hole to mount. Is it supposed to snap through? I don't want to break it so I'm asking first before applying more force.
Hello

1- It has to be Stand off for that hole. If you didn't get it in your packet that means i miss it :( . It is not a big problem but it has to be. Please PM me if you get any problem with that.

2- Sorry but it is about the LCD design. The holes is really close to the PCB and other elements. I tested all the Case with the LCD screen it was ok. I think you can make it.
The hole for the LCD is bigger enough. I will take a picture today and send to you.

NOTE: There is enough space in the PCB. If you have a Drill, you can make the holes bigger little bit.

Last edited:
I checked it again with 2 different CPS2 case and it does not look any problem with it.
Please check the pictures. LCD screen is fitting very good. @cmoliveira . If you still have a problem with it, that means there is a problem with the PCB hole. You can make it bigger like 3MM if you can find a drill.

53165131-401017023777967-7442418685987258368-n.jpg

53327526-261801801189112-9187633897452601344-n.jpg

53607148-436144757216166-1792222760936669184-n.jpg

53737162-1275661185933053-1649464426044063744-n.jpg

54462487-663677190750963-5980710091022663680-n.jpg

@hursit, i called dhl (got a letter from them today), the problem was that you declared it as a game console, worth 20$, that makes german customs suspicous when it's coming from certain countries (turkey being one of them apparently)

For the next one try "Case for a game console" or something like that.

I now had to send them my order confirmation, let's see what they make of it....

I didnt declare it as game console.
İ declare it Metal enclosure.

Please inform me about process

that's the person on the phone told me :rolleyes:

i'll inform you when i know anything new

no man, we are talking about germany here -we go into the cellar to laugh normally ||

no man, we are talking about germany here -we go into the cellar to laugh normally ||
Normally, i declare as Game controller for my Arcade Sticks, and Metal Enclosure for the CPS3 and CPS2 cases.
Maybe if DHL declare it wrong as game console, i think you have trouble about that. Because i know some country like Germany doesnt accept electronical device. I think when they open the box, it will be fine

according to tracking they should pass through customs again with the info i provided - we will see - it would be great if i could get it for the weekend - i'm itching to move my multi over into its new home.

One thing i wanted to ask -

the cps2 runs on 12v, the leds need 12v - is there a reason why i should not take the power for both from the fan connector? No extra cable for the led running out of the case...

according to tracking they should pass through customs again with the info i provided - we will see - it would be great if i could get it for the weekend - i'm itching to move my multi over into its new home.

One thing i wanted to ask -

the cps2 runs on 12v, the leds need 12v - is there a reason why i should not take the power for both from the fan connector? No extra cable for the led running out of the case...
Hello
I hope you will get the packet soon.

I know CPS2 runs on 12V. But if you get the 12V from the power not from Jamma connector it will be safer i think.
You know the arcade PCB's are expensive and i never trust the LED's :D . I hope i can explain what i mean

This is what I would do. The power draw from a silent fan and a led strip isn't all that much.

Is there a recommended brand for the 80mm fan that this case requires?

depth was never discussed, it was only said 80x80mm... - looking at @hursit's installation guide it looks like a 225mm fan, perhaps he can confirm ;)

Back