What's new
Finally ready to assemble this case and I have a question about the test button connections. My understanding is the signal wires can be soldered wherever on the button. Where is a proper spot for the ground wire?
Bumping this up as I'm still looking for an answer on this. Instructions were a bit vague and I haven't seen anything definitive in any install pics I've seen so far. Really looking forward to putting this build behind me and enjoying my multi. Thanks.
So mine's buttoned up and I can't tell you 100% sure what I soldered the ground to, but it was one end of the buttons (I THINK it was the side farther from the jamma edge)... I just pulled out a multimeter and checked continuity from one of the ground pins on the jamma edge.

Attachments

• 6D769FC9-B334-478C-AC97-DA3A003AC7F9.jpeg
    6D769FC9-B334-478C-AC97-DA3A003AC7F9.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
@KingSopz what is that a pinout for? Never seen +5v on pin 5 before. Or all 6 buttons like that.

One thing I did notice though, 2 of the standoffs for the motherboard didn't line up right with mine. I'm not super concerned, 6 should be enough, but it was kinda weird.
Do you have pictures ? or did you take pictures before you close the case :)
Ah didn't think to take pics, sorry. It's the 2 that go between the connectors, midway up the sides of the board. It's buttoned up now so I'm unlikely to worry about it too much, especially once I get it put in to my cabinet permanently.
I will check it out. Thanks.
I need the New LCD measurements.
@Takosuke and @KingSopz , if you have Measurements device, please give me the detailed measurements

With this device
dijital-kumpaslar-tanitim.jpg
Would love to buy one in blue, but before doing so I would like you to confirm, that my recently bought Darksoft Multicart LCD fits perfectly.
Please find the measurments below.

Attachments

• IMG_4807.JPG
    IMG_4807.JPG
    557.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4805.JPG
    IMG_4805.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 242
One thing I did notice though, 2 of the standoffs for the motherboard didn't line up right with mine. I'm not super concerned, 6 should be enough, but it was kinda weird.
Do you have pictures ? or did you take pictures before you close the case :)
Ah didn't think to take pics, sorry. It's the 2 that go between the connectors, midway up the sides of the board. It's buttoned up now so I'm unlikely to worry about it too much, especially once I get it put in to my cabinet permanently.
I will check it out. Thanks.I need the New LCD measurements.
@Takosuke and @KingSopz , if you have Measurements device, please give me the detailed measurements

With this device
dijital-kumpaslar-tanitim.jpg
Would love to buy one in blue, but before doing so I would like you to confirm, that my recently bought Darksoft Multicart LCD fits perfectly.Please find the measurments below.
Thanks my friend to give me measurements. At last somebody gave it to me :D

The old design was : 26 X 69,577 mm mm. I have changed it .

By the way, you can buy it but you have to wait for the new production my friend.

Thanks...

The red line is the new design, back one is the old design. I hope this will work with all lcd

Ekran-Resmi-2019-07-08-10-47-32.png

Ekran-Resmi-2019-07-08-10-48-28.png

@hursit while you are doing a redesign, can you make it so the ribbon cables don’t stick up through the hole? I know that would require us to solder the cable flat on the LCD, but the end product looks cleaner.

Alright, guys. SUPER novice here. Going to be taking this to my local game shop to get properly assembled. I can make sense more or less where the Test, Volume Up, and Volume Down buttons are wired, but I'm still unclear as to how to wire all the LEDs and where to go to get a shorter cable for the Darksoft screen.

Any help would be supremely appreciated.

Would love to buy one in blue, but before doing so I would like you to confirm, that my recently bought Darksoft Multicart LCD fits perfectly.
Please find the measurments below.
Thank you for posting your measurements of the larger LCD. it was recently brought to my attention that the PCB that the LCD is attached to is also slightly larger now too. I'm not sure if this matters for Hurst's case but I was wondering if you could measure your PCB so I can compare it with older revisions.

Ok, I took a few photos...

Attachments

• IMG_4870.jpg
    IMG_4870.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4871.jpg
    IMG_4871.jpg
    722.7 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_4872.jpg
    IMG_4872.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_4873.jpg
    IMG_4873.jpg
    419.8 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4874.JPG
    IMG_4874.JPG
    449.6 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_4878.jpg
    IMG_4878.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 203
Well, the board has some remains on all 4 sides from the manufacturing process. I guess those can be removed with a cutter oder a file.
Dimension will probably match your PCB then. I'll try that.

Back