What's new
I will place the order around 5th Jan. I estimate to start to ship panels on early Feb.

For custom panel, price varies depending on your request.

Here is the deal price I can do.

• 1p panel $ 92 (was $99)
  • 2P panel $ 112 ( was $ 119)
  • Egret II panel will come with a free repro instruction space card.
  • New Net City will come with a free repro instruction space card.
  • Blast city panel order. Add $ 10 (was $ 17.5 /each) for 2 yen stickers
  • New Astro city panel. Add $ 15 ( was $ 27.5) for an instruction space card
  • $10 off on shipping if order more than 4 panels (include 4 panels)
For bare (1P/2P) panel $ 55 / each

I will contact you guys on the list for payment detail soon. Thanks to Derick2k to make the list.

Last edited:
Also just throwing it out there for those that maybe interested @rewrite? correct me if i'm wrong @alberto1225 but the Megalo 410 panel is also available now?

Add me to the list!

Astro City - Stock 2 player - 12 button layout
2L12-BM

THANKS!

Curious as to the quality - I am assuming these have the nice glossy protective Polycarbonate finish/scratch resistant laminate overtop of the graphics? - but going further - at least on the astro cities the panel graphics have subtle sparkles (metallic) in the silver AND in the black part - do these reproductions include those feature?

Last edited:
I am assuming these have the nice glossy protective acrlyic overtop of the graphics
They don't. I can't think of any candy cab that has acrylic on the CP stock, so it wouldn't make sense for reproductions to have it.

Print quality out of Alberto is top-notch. Can't speak to the sparkles as I do not have one of his Astro panels, so I'll let someone else comment on that.

My blast city panel from Alberto has subtle sparkles in it if that counts.

Maybe acrylic is not the right word - a plastic layer/film? There is 100% some sort of plastic layer on top of the graphics on my OG Astro panel. If there was not these panels graphics would rub off within a few months of real arcade usage. That shine in the pic below is on the top protective layer.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.jpg
    IMG_0276.jpg
    623.3 KB · Views: 247
Maybe acrylic is not the right word - a plastic layer/film? There is 100% some sort of plastic layer on top of the graphics on my OG Astro panel. If there was not these panels graphics would rub off within a few months of real arcade usage.
Gotcha. I was thinking like US arcade cabs that have that full layer of thick acrylic on top of some CP's.

Hey guys, figuring out my layout for the astro city..

I am assuming this is the stock sega/astro city 12 button positions/layout - can someone confirm?

(confirmed below - 2L12-BM)

Last edited:
Hey I want to bring up a a quick topic for discussion. Which comes down to a pretty minor detail.. but I have seen quite a few stock Astro Cities and something i have noticed on many of the reproduction panels is the placement of the button and joystick holes are not quite where they should be as compared to the originals.

Notice on my stock board where the button left player button is in comparison to the green lines. Its hole starts on the second green line. On the two player side, same button, the cut out starts just above the grey "outline" and about halfway below the first green line. All the Original 2 player boards (at least that i have seen) have this exact button cut out and hole alignment. On the top, neither the first player or second player button holes go past the inside grey outline - but come almost exactly below it.

According the the layout options on the first page - this layout is the 2L12B-SG 2L12-BM

I have pointed out some placement issues with a teal line.

OG BOARD
mDh3Xsk.jpg

Now at least on the picture I have seen of most reproductions of this same board, including alberts the buttons seem to be too low. Player select buttons look great though

(i only underlined bottom holes, but notice the other hole positions in relation to other graphic lines/elements.

AL BOARD
9A2UGxA.jpg

The joystick holes in comparison seem to be quite a bit too low as well.

1 and 2 player holes seem perfect

My first reaction is that if the button holes and joystick holes are moved up a bit and maybe slightly repositioned we could get a much closer hole layout. Also when the buttons are a bit higher you have more room to rest your palm on the control deck. I have seen some reproductions with buttons so low your palm would be hanging off.

This is absolutely not a knock against Al's boards, just throwing our a minor inconsistency against the originals and if these have not made it to production yet, it may be a quick fix in adobe illustrator etc or it could be way more complicated because everything has been redrawn so things dont quite fit like like they use to.

*being a engineering guy with OCD tendencies has its pluses and minuses

*obviously this only applies this particular 12 button/stick layout

Last edited:

I am assuming this is the stock sega/astro city 12 button positions/layout - can someone confirthe
check here : 2L12BM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto1225/33663075935/in/album-72157678453554712/
I forgot where I get the 2L12B button configuration (could be from sanwa panel).

about the finish on the repro new astro city overlay.
The print shop did great work on color and some special finish (like you mentioned "sparkles" on black color)

I would said 95%~98% closed to the orignal.

@FluxChiller
Good eye!

As these 2L12B overlays are die hard cutting and It's impossble to print them agian without sell all my stock.
I am sure I used an orignal panel (not sure sega or sanwa ) to make 2L12B button layout. I will check it this weekend.

I am assuming this is the stock sega/astro city 12 button positions/layout - can someone confirthe
check here : 2L12BMhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/alberto1225/33663075935/in/album-72157678453554712/
I forgot where I get the 2L12B button configuration (could be from sanwa panel).

about the finish on the repro new astro city overlay.
The print shop did great work on color and some special finish (like you mentioned "sparkles" on black color)

I would said 95%~98% closed to the orignal.

Ah, i didn't see the other page of options! :)

So 2L12-BM looks correct placement for Astro City, but 2L12B-SG looks correct too - what is difference between them?

Also I notice there may two varieties of the panel. One says "licensed by sega" below the 1/2 player buttons and the other just says "sega". Do you have both versions?

PS - Alberto also confirmed they all have the protective plastic layer on top just like originals. yay!!!

Last edited:
Am I too late to get in on this? Would love an E2 1PL4B-R.

But your OG panel isn't OG at all. See where it says "Licensed by Sega"?

Honestly, the only panel I would consider OG is this one:

WuoPFHk.jpg

Three buttons per player, mounts on the bottom for LS-32 sticks. See how far the buttons are from the joystick? That's for comfort.

My heart weeps when I see extra button holes punched into these.

Back