What's new
Looks like you are doing good. I clean the cases with a mix of anti-bac-wet-wipes, alcohol + q-tips if needed. Toothbrush + alcohol sorts the grilles.
For the PCB, take it outside and gently brush with a soft toothbrush or old paintbrush. That dry dust will come straight off.
It's only tricky when there's grimy oily black residue to remove from PCBs. Then you really have to go to town with everything in the cleaning kit.

Looks like you are doing good. I clean the cases with a mix of anti-bac-wet-wipes, alcohol + q-tips if needed. Toothbrush + alcohol sorts the grilles.
For the PCB, take it outside and gently brush with a soft toothbrush or old paintbrush. That dry dust will come straight off.
It's only tricky when there's grimy oily black residue to remove from PCBs. Then you really have to go to town with everything in the cleaning kit.
Thank you brother. I have a very nice air compressor in my garage. I fired it up took a tooth brush and got to cleaning it up. Turned out great with no boards having any issues or gunk in it.

hey great collection there! that yellow case came out really nice.

I've had one of these for years, and didn't realize until recently that it works great of cleaning game PCB's.

https://www.amazon.com/Bonus-Metro-...d=1549914829&s=gateway&sr=8-7&tag=googhydr-20

I use the air pin pointer blowing air to clean off as much dust as possible, same as canned air. Then use the soft bristle brush on vacuum, to give it a good "soft scrubbing". Works great!

Back