What's new

daved

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Dave from Atlanta, GA. I've been a long-time arcade enthusiast, but just recently discovered this site! I've always loved arcades and arcade games, and while in college I got bit by the bug to get my own machine. Around 2005 or so, I built a dedicated MAME machine with a friend and had a blast with it. We soon decided we wanted to get the real deal, and hit up our first auction in early 2006, where I picked up a 1-slot Neo Geo machine with Metal Slug X (which I still own!). I bought a Marvel vs Capcom 2 super cheap at an auction and flipped the hardware, enticing me into a side hobby of flipping cabinets. That didn't really pan out, as I was still in college and the motivation fizzled.

I've recently been able to get my Neo Geo back from my dad's house, as I now have room for the machine. Planning the move of the machine has gotten me a severe case of ARCADE FEVER, as the wife thinks it would be cool to get a few more machines for our planned basement hangout/gameroom spot. Happy wife = happy life, so I'm in the market for two or three choice machines I've always wanted. Plus, I'm anxious to give my Neo Geo a makeover as I work for a commercial printer and can reproduce the graphics I need. Very excited to share the progress when I begin!

Welcome brother.

My little sister use to live up in Snellville and Lawrence GA.

Welcome! Commercial printer you say? Well, that can be useful!

Do some before and after a so we can see.

@zionfarm Nice signature, I have a 1988 Rx-7 convertible I swapped a 13bt into!
Man I am a big Rotary head. I have own numerous FC's over the years. But I had to change up the game a couple of years ago. I got me a clean low milage 76 Cosmo.

Back