What's new

baklakiller

Student
Reaction score
So i finally powered it on and hooked up an xbox 360....The monitor looks very dim, like it needs a new lamp. The backlight already maxed to 10. Also the white seem not white. Is there a way to adjust the brightness/contrast & RGB cutoff.

Not to the point of looking like it needs a new lamp, but the Sanwa in those F/C's isn't a terribly bright monitor to begin with. Nor does it have great color accuracy. Comes from the era of nice picture OR low lag, not both.

As far as making it better, I don't really have anything useful to say :(. At least the easy access options for the monitor are pretty lacking. If there's a service mode of sorts I'd love to know about it.

First please do quick visual inspection of caps etc. Lot of people seem to think LCD are maintenance free instead of CRT but we are hitting point of a lot of LCD needing recap (especially considering quality of part used in lot of cases and specific to arcade case hour usage). Not say for sure your problem...but has definitely been same problem on a higher number I have seen now exhibit those symptom loss of power to backlight. Worth a quick inspect.
qUvpyfD.jpg

ok thanks, that's good to know. I wish i knew this ahead of time, part of the reason why decided to get an LCD arcade cab was suppose to be less maintenance.

Any idea what the hell is this?
48425410_10205247434581569_6904792632837275648_o.jpg

Is there a tutorial in how to get into the monitor? I saw an old post somewhere i think arcadeotaku but all the images are dead.

I was just going to suggest the guide on Arcade-Otaku, but as you say yourself the pictures are down... :(

F/C's isn't a terribly bright monitor to begin with. Nor does it have great color accuracy. Comes from the era of nice picture OR low lag, not both.
That ^

The F/C (and F because it's the same monitor) to put it simply sucks for color reproduction and brightness.
It was designed to be low lag first, with all other monitor features falling behind that.

@baklakiller look at any guide on rotating the monitor. Then just remove instead of bolt it back in.

Then it has 4-8 screws on each side of the case. Unscrew those and it's a lot like the inside of any other LCD.

You can also clean out the dust between the glass and panel this way.

Back