What's new
I currently have my last run of v2.0 Parsec PCBs available here and on Tindie.

I am working on a new PCB version that who knows when I'll have available. Some changes I've had in mind are removal of the button remapping jumpers and standby led, as well as switching over to the standardized kick harness connector.

I'm using a 500 watt ATX power supply from an older computer I had lying around. That is way more than any JAMMA arcade game would need, maybe a good minimum is 200 watts?

For RGB to HDMI conversion, the XRGB mini framemeister, OSSC, or even those $50 ebay options would work.

Re kick harness connector...

Please consider using a 6 pin JST XH wired thusly:
fcnkFeL.jpg
That's the same as HAS, Minigun, Jammafier and possibly others.

I'm trying to encourage some form of standardisation between superguns, where possible.

The v2.1 Parsec will definitely have the now standard connector and pinout for the kick harness. Why I didn't switch over earlier, I'm not sure.

I don't think the jumpers to switch button 5 and coin on the controller port were used by many people, so I might as well remove that. Originally I thought it would be good for Neo Geo controllers and adapters to give access to button 5, but it's another thing I now think is unnecessary.

I originally thought a standby led (lights when ATX power supply is powered) was nice to have, but that's another thing I don't think anybody will miss.

I'm trying to simplify the assembly and (slightly) reduce the parts count, but I don't want to remove any useful features in the process.

The v2.1 Parsec will definitely have the now standard connector and pinout for the kick harness. Why I didn't switch over earlier, I'm not sure.

I don't think the jumpers to switch button 5 and coin on the controller port were used by many people, so I might as well remove that. Originally I thought it would be good for Neo Geo controllers and adapters to give access to button 5, but it's another thing I now think is unnecessary.

I originally thought a standby led (lights when ATX power supply is powered) was nice to have, but that's another thing I don't think anybody will miss.

I'm trying to simplify the assembly and (slightly) reduce the parts count, but I don't want to remove any useful features in the process.
Button 5 is used by Atomiswave. Pretty small market I'd say.

Button 5 is used by Atomiswave. Pretty small market I'd say.
There was originally a dipswitch jumper that swapped Coin and Button 5, that is what he is talking about removing. I don't think he means Button 5 would go away, but IMO I'd hope that it would remain for Atomiswave use.

I have assembled the first v2.1 Parsec Supergun.

Changes over the v2.0 PCB:

New JST style kick harness connector with standardized pinout
Mounting holes are now isolated from ground (useful for mounting in metal case or bolting PCB to metal)
Moved JAMMA connector closer to center and moved top right mounting hole so it no longer has the odd offset
Removed yellow "standby" LED
Removed header pins / jumpers for swapping "coin" and button 5 (pins 3 and 10) on controller port
Controller traces re-routed and some component footprints moved
Room for mounting a small voltmeter to the HAT board

I hope to have a small quantity of the new Parsec superguns available around early to mid December.

I am also accepting pre orders via PM message. Pricing is same as before.

Attachments

• Parsec v2.1 top.jpg
    Parsec v2.1 top.jpg
    558 KB · Views: 296
  • Parsec v2.1 bot.jpg
    Parsec v2.1 bot.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 277
I'm not sure if this will be useful to many people, but I made a simple PCB with solder pads to connect to the JAMMA game's kick harness. This board then connects to the Supergun wit a short JST extension cable. I was thinking of offering a kit that has a 6 inch extension cable and 3 connector boards to use with different games.

Before I used 9p d-sub connectors for the kick harness connection to my Supergun, but I think this will work better since I switched to the 6p JST connector.

Attachments

• Parsec Kick Harness.JPG
    Parsec Kick Harness.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 306
Hi, where I can buy this supergun 2.1 version?
I’m new here and I can find it anywhere.
LOW_BUDGET can you help me

I sell the Parsec directly and through www.tindie.com

Update: I'm currently out of stock at the moment.
Typically I build 6-8 Parsecs at a time and list them for sale.

The next batch of 6-8 should be available mid February.

Last edited:
I sell the Parsec directly and through www.tindie.com

I have 1 left in stock at the moment.
Typically I build 6-8 Parsecs at a time and list them for sale. The next batch of 6-8 should be available late January.
Ok, Thanks
Let me know when you have the new ones?
They will be any update?

Somebody its selling 2.0 version
Its the same thing? I only want see my arcade boards , mvs and CPS2 games in my tv via OSSC without burning my ossc and my boards

Its the same thing? I only want see my arcade boards , mvs and CPS2 games in my tv via OSSC without burning my ossc and my boards
if you look 5 posts above your post there are the changes from 2.0 to the latest 2.1.
So it is up to you if the 2.0 will do or you need the 2.1 ;)

if you look 5 posts above your post there are the changes from 2.0 to the latest 2.1.So it is up to you if the 2.0 will do or you need the 2.1 ;)
Thanks @PascalP I’m veryyyy noob in this things
I know I made maybe I dumb question but I need help and maybe one of the pros in this forum can help me.
I have a chinese cbox jamma supergun and I don’t want fry my osssc. :(
Anyways I’ll try to understand (learn) more about the diferences between parsec 2.0 and 2.1 and HAS supergun too.

Hello, low_budget,

First off, thanks for making this! I have a Parsec v2.1 ordered, and I'm greatly looking forward to getting it. My arcade game boards I ordered months ago have been sadly just sitting around as I waited to [never] receive someone else's SuperGun model, thanks to shipping errors and "DHL Hell." After nearly two months of nothing, I had to cancel that order.

Back to the Parsec: for the stereo switch, you mentioned in the v1 release notes that Neo Geo is supported. Would CPS 1.5 or CPS2 games support stereo too, now or eventually? All my current games are mono, although it would be good to know whether the Capcom Q-Sound based games could do stereo too in case I change my mind and get a couple of them. After all, one of the main drivers for me getting into collecting my favorite arcade games is the sound quality that emulation and console ports just generally haven't captured properly. Q-Sound wouldn't be terribly great in mono, probably.

Also, I have a question on the Parsec's kick harness connector. This is a great feature btw—I'm ordering extra wires and JST connectors to make use of it since I'm such a fighting game buff and want to streamline switching between the games. Anyhow, kick harnesses always seem to have a ground wire or two. Would I need to wire one (or both?) into the ground port in that 12 pin molex connector near the P1 joystick port? Just to fill you in on my planned joystick setup I'll be using, and to give you a better idea:

Undamned USB terminal block decoder for PS3 controllers (has a ground post and will wire that ground to pin 1 as well as all 5 or 6 buttons to the following doohickey, per your diagram) => DB15 Female Connector Screw Wiring Terminal Module Breakout PCB Board => Parsec P1 port

...and then also, if I'm understanding this all correctly,

Game's kick harness port => Kick harness connected to a JST connector (wires w/ spade connectors) => Parsec kick harness connector

I don't know if it's a good idea to ignore those kick harness ground wires though. I imagine not.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Stereo sound through the JAMMA connector is supported and can be selected with the stereo/mono switch. This is limited to early versions of the Neo Geo MVS arcade board (I'm not aware of any exceptions but maybe someone can correct me.)

Stereo sound coming from an auxiliary header CAN be connected using the deluxe hat board I offer as an add-on.
The deluxe hat board has a 1/8" stereo audio connector that's wired to the 8p mini-DIN A/V output connector of the Parsec. Using the auxiliary audio option requires a 1/8" audio plug be inserted into the "audio line out" connector on the Parsec main board to disable JAMMA audio. Sorry if this sounds complicated, I hope I'm explaining ok.

This feature basically lets you combine stereo audio from an auxiliary source to your RGB SCART connector.

A separate ground wire is not necessary when using the kick harness. All of an arcade game's button inputs are pulled low by connecting them to ground, and the Arcade game's ground is shared with the Parsec (through the JAMMA connection.)

Stereo sound through the JAMMA connector is supported and can be selected with the stereo/mono switch. This is limited to early versions of the Neo Geo MVS arcade board (I'm not aware of any exceptions but maybe someone can correct me.)

Stereo sound coming from an auxiliary header CAN be connected using the deluxe hat board I offer as an add-on.
The deluxe hat board has a 1/8" stereo audio connector that's wired to the 8p mini-DIN A/V output connector of the Parsec. Using the auxiliary audio option requires a 1/8" audio plug be inserted into the "audio line out" connector on the Parsec main board to disable JAMMA audio. Sorry if this sounds complicated, I hope I'm explaining ok.

This feature basically lets you combine stereo audio from an auxiliary source to your RGB SCART connector.

A separate ground wire is not necessary when using the kick harness. All of an arcade game's button inputs are pulled low by connecting them to ground, and the Arcade game's ground is shared with the Parsec (through the JAMMA connection.)
Thanks so much for your response! Good to know about the way grounding works for control panels/joysticks and the Parsec HAT board too. Since I'll be using a SCART input on my OSSC which doesn't handle sound apparently, if I get a Q-Sound based CPS1 or 2 game, I could actually plug in its RCA jacks directly into the OSSC's stereo minijack audio input 1 with a stereo Y-cable (RCA to minijack); I didn't know before that these boards have RCA sound output jacks right on them. Looks like the CPS 1.5 boards handle stereo with RCA audio outputs too! These are the CPS 1 with Q-Sound PCB sets, e.g. The Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, and Warriors of Fate—awesome games, btw. I didn't see RCA jacks in the pic below in the 2nd article, although I found my answer on eBay looking up The Punisher (see below).

Sources that could prove useful to folks:

http://cps2shock.emu-france.info/techinfo.html [I remember checking out this page many moons ago when CPS2 emulation was new]
https://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=794

The Punisher (U.S.) is shown below which does have RCA jacks, it seems. Woot! Q-Sound is great in stereo, especially in this game IMO :> Nice-looking board set, too. Good LAWD that's a lotta money though.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Back