What's new
Nice! Now Lakka has to integrate the newest RA and there we go :D
Would it then reduce the huge lag that Lakka currently has?
because this is running with the correct res and very close refresh you can disable VSYNC and Audio sync. Then enable frame throttle to 1x . This reduces lag so it non existent. A frame is drawn in 16 miliseconds. And the pad response is 0.08 milliseconds.

One draw back is every minute to minute and a half there is a slight frame stutter. Not perfect but so much better.

HIi guys,

Many things have been changing in the Libretro / RetroArch scene.

I have to keep up with source coding and insuring every continues to work when it comes to MME4CRT / CRTSwitchRes.

So on that note I have created a Patreon. Any support from MME4CRT users would be much appreciated.

https://www.patreon.com/CRTSwitchRes

Oi Arcade Project,

sorry for digging this one out, but I couldn't find anything newer concerning Advancemame in this forum.
And before starting a new thread, I probably might as well ask here.

I am running two Arcades with CRTs and all, using AdvMame - but with old DOS computers.

I would love to switch to Raspberry Pis, they are more reliable than the now quite old and sometimes failing hardware and they are much more silent.
The best of course would be, if I could use my old AdvMame setups...I put many, many hours of work into the setups, creating custom modelines and so on.

So I tried this tutorial with my Raspberry Pis 4B - and - it didn't work.
(this tut is for Raspi 3)
I find really contradicting stuff about this in different forums, as usual with Raspberry Pis.

So, the question is - does anyone know, if this setup works also on a Raspberry 4 somehow?
I also have the Gert666, Scart, and some CRTs.

I managed to get Advmame running after a while, with a scrambled picture, but thats it.
So, before I continue spending a lot of time to set it up, I'd rather ask, if its even possible on the 4B...
Maybe someone here is aware about limitiations or whatever might stop AdvMame working on the Raspi 4.

Thanks for your help

Oi Arcade Project,

posting this, in case someone tries this out in 2022!
This tutorial won't work with the Raspi4.

Legacy - up to Pi3, Raspberry used a custom video driver that communicated directly to the firmware (which only had a custom implementation of OpenGL ES) and had direct access to the framebuffer. This is now legacy and not fully supported in Pi4 anymore.
From here:
https://www.mortaca.com/rgb-pi/wiki/index.php?title=About_RGB-Pi_and_Raspberry_Pi4

Making this work on the Raspi3:
I did as described and it didn't work.
The problem is the graphic driver in the newer Raspbian versions.
So you have to download an older image, not the latest - I tried latest Stretch Lite from 2019-04-08 and it works as it should.

cheers

Back