What's new

lachy_allou

Beginner
Reaction score
yo people from down under/sydney ^^ !

good to see forums like this, was recommended this site by an arcade gear seller. i'm ultimately wanting to put together a custom arcade cabinet (sega astro city style/candy cab) so i thought this would be a great place to learn from and share my projects with other arcade lovers to see :)

happy days all, peace. :thumbup:

arcade favourites:
street fighter iii (all releases)
capcom vs. snk (both 1 & 2)
daytona
virtua fighter 5
tekken 5

Last edited:
Hey mate, welcome!

I was the one who sent you that message on eBay, glad to see you made it. This forum will serve your quest well :)

was recommended this site by an arcade gear seller.
I was the one who sent you that message on eBay,
Arcade gear seller eh, is that what he told you he was! ;)

Welcome, good taste in games as well.

If you ultimately want a candy 'style' cabinet you should be able to pick one up over east with relative ease, anything you DIY will be more like a 'woody' (snigger) or LAI? style cab I believe they are referred to in Aus (would be an Electrocoin cabinet back in the UK as the standard wood cab).

Cheers lee!

Haha, he's a dude of many talents n skills!

I've also been looking around for candy/astro city cabinets, hopefully I come across one soon, would much prefer one as opposed to custom building.

If you know anyone selling one please plug me in :)

Gracias

Cheers lee!

I've also been looking around for candy/astro city cabinets, hopefully I come across one soon, would much prefer one as opposed to custom building.

Gracias
Check out Gumtree - I saw this listing in Padstow for a Sega Astro city 1 year back (Its still there) - should be close to you if you are in Sydney.

Cheers lee!

Gracias
I havent looked lately as I now have no need to but always seeing cabs over east. Facebook marketplace, gumtree, aussie arcade. A few weeks ago a guy was selling a Twin Initial D setup complete with Naomis in each for $1500! bargain

Cheers lee!

Gracias
Check out Gumtree - I saw this listing in Padstow for a Sega Astro city 1 year back (Its still there) - should be close to you if you are in Sydney.
funny you found that! I live quite closer to the seller haha, he's currently out of them... however he will contact me when he manages to get one back in stock, fingers crossed :) thanks man

Cheers lee!

Gracias
I havent looked lately as I now have no need to but always seeing cabs over east. Facebook marketplace, gumtree, aussie arcade. A few weeks ago a guy was selling a Twin Initial D setup complete with Naomis in each for $1500! bargain
man initial d! that's sick :) good idea with facebook marketplace & aussie arcade, will scope those

Welcome fellow Australianite!

Good luck in your quest for candy. Took me 12 months of solid searching until I found one locally, they don't often appear in Adelaide.

Get Mr DJ Sheep to send you one, he has around 83 Astros stashed in his house. :D

You'll get the same quality from highway as from 240.

Zax is another alternative when they ship they pack it well so freight is a solid option from them.

Lol @Frank_fjs — I’m saving all the cabs in case of a CRT apocalypse when OLED takes over! ;)

Another thumbs down for 240 Amusements... Both guys are absolute pricks, John and the old fart. Jomac threw the chassis from their cab in the bin. Their cash only policy was already worrying, shoulda listened to my gut instinct and it would have saved lots of headaches. Once you pay, you’ll get junk in return. The photos they send you will be vague and if you ask for any further details on the cabs they will let you know that you’re asking too much.

I’ll only ever buy cabs now from fellow collectors who love games, or if I can go inspect and test them.

I will say that freight isn’t a good idea for these interstate in Australia. Not only is it expensive, but they do take a beating in the road too.

Thanks all :) Will steer clear from 240... shame though, you'd think everyone would want to preserve the good old arcade vibes instead of trashing it ;(

It'll be a challenge getting a candy cab/astro (within that style lol) however I'm patient, I got a couple of madcatz tourney sticks to get me by for the interim ^^

Gracia, have a fun, safe (and boozy :P) New Years all.

Back