What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Got offered an XP37 on the cheap but can only seem to find info on the Plus or Xtra models. What difference is there between the base model and the others?

I figured this was the closest section for the info I was looking for. I've owned a lot of P/BVM's, but never an NEC model and outside of it having speakers, I can't find a whole lot of info on it, haha.

I have the XP29 Plus and to my understanding the difference is that you have the controller (like the PVMs) on the front of the system where you can change inputs, volume etc in addition to the remote controller... But the short story is that you should buy it.. those monitors are great and as you know they are the holly Grail for retro RGB and you can use GooovyMame and supported video card directly. Groovymame plays and look very well. So buy it... man.. If I see one in that size in my area, I would snap it out of the buyers hands:).

I have the XP29 Plus and to my understanding the difference is that you have the controller (like the PVMs) on the front of the system where you can change inputs, volume etc in addition to the remote controller... But the short story is that you should buy it.. those monitors are great and as you know they are the holly Grail for retro RGB and you can use GooovyMame and supported video card directly. Groovymame plays and look very well. So buy it... man.. If I see one in that size in my area, I would snap it out of the buyers hands:).
I intend to go snag it this weekend. Too big to bring home in the car (30" PVM just *barely* fit), and the truck's in the shop till Friday.

Just trying to learn what I can learn in the mean-time. I know the + and Xtra models have OSD.

I'm curious what inputs are on it, mostly.

"Just trying to learn what I can learn in the mean-time. I know the + and Xtra models have OSD.

I'm curious what inputs are on it, mostly." Well Excuse Me, Princesses:)

Back