A Board.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 309
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 395
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 356
I checked your video when you say the sprites are glitching do you mean how the fighters appear in a different place all of a sudden? If yes thats how this hack originally behaved. Also the inverted color on the cyclist in the Chunli stage is how it was with the hack back in the day. Didn't see Zangief's sprite issue (in the photo) in the video. This looks like a properly running hacked version of SF2WW.
NO, the Zangief upper body flickers Yello but then if you reboot the board... it is okay... functioning SOLID and Normal.

I'm not able to zoom in enough to be certain, but it does appear that the ROM1 pal has been replaced. It's the one with the sticker on it, below BUF1. If there is no clear "ROM1" label on the PAL, then it's a safe bet that it will need to be replaced.

If it is a GAL that was used to replace the original PAL, you can erase and reburn it to. The TL866 will do the erasing and reburning. If it's a PAL, or unidentifiable, then get a GAL16V8 to replace it. The file to burn/reburn can be found here:

http://www.jammarcade.net/pal-dumps/

direct download for ROM1 pal/gal file: http://www.jammarcade.net/files/pals/CPS1-ROM1.jed

Last edited:
Thanks @YesAffinity

So I spoke to eBay, the Seller also called them and they are going to issue me a full refund.

The board works partially so I am thinking of getting an eprom programmer and learning how to burn eProms.

Looking at Amazon.ca I found
" USB Universal Programmer for TL866II Plus EEPROM Flash 8051 AVR MCU GAL PIC Update Tool with 10 Adapter" I am thinking of buying this one, instead of save 20$ and waiting a month to receive it form China...

I am basically at 0... just gotta search the internet for tutorials for these things.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KPJZCWT/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A28ZWXW3ZSVNZU&psc=1

That should do the trick. The masks get replaced with 27c4096, in the event that any of them are faulty. The TL866 will support reburning of the program roms and a GAL16V8 replacement for the PAL.

And, as suverman said, the board is likely working normally. If you have a problem with one of the CPS customs, it will be persistent at best and getting worse as the game is powered on. The things you are seeing sound to be a function of the crappy bootleg code.

Here's to hoping it can be revived and made fully functional as an original WW. :)

That should do the trick. The masks get replaced with 27c4096, in the event that any of them are faulty. The TL866 will support reburning of the program roms and a GAL16V8 replacement for the PAL.

And, as suverman said, the board is likely working normally. If you have a problem with one of the CPS customs, it will be persistent at best and getting worse as the game is powered on. The things you are seeing sound to be a function of the crappy bootleg code.

Here's to hoping it can be revived and made fully functional as an original WW. :)
WW B board actually uses 27C400 equivalent mask ROMs, not 4096 - not sure if they're the same thing since I know they're arranged the same (256x16k) , but I have a feeling they're not.

WW B board actually uses 27C400 equivalent mask ROMs, not 4096
He's got an old revision - 90629b-3. 27c4096 is printed under the sockets, as you can see in the picture. Rev 91653B-2 used 27c400. Please explain if I've get it wrong.

I used a TL866CS to burn a set of GNG conversion eproms & PAL for a CE board and it worked a treat.

For the money it's a great little programmer.

I also use one of those cheapo Chinese eprom erasers which is OK but I wouldn't trust it to be left unattended.

I also use one of those cheapo Chinese eprom erasers which is OK but I wouldn't trust it to be left unattended.
I think most of us have one of those. Never had any problems with mine. It's like 10 minutes to erase most chips (remember to clean the windows). Takes 5 to 6 chips at a time.

Neither have I - but I made the mistake of taking the top off and looking inside* and the quality of the wiring leaves a little to be desired....

*Obviously while it was unplugged!

Neither have I - but I made the mistake of taking the top off and looking inside* and the quality of the wiring leaves a little to be desired....

*Obviously while it was unplugged!
Well it costs 23 CDN now on eBay. ... That is with shipping.

Progress Update, I have purchased a Programmer,

1. TL866II Plus
2. 10Pcs x ST M27C2001

So far, I have Programmed the chips:

Yes I am getting Complete BLACK Screen but the OSSC does see a signal coming in at 262/263p 59.6 fps

So far, as @YesAffinity mentioned the following ROMS are compatible.

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (USA 911101) 90629B-3 STF29 IOB1 90632C-1 CPS-B-17 DL-0411-10012 C632
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (USA 910214) 90629B-3 STF29 IOB1 90632C-1 CPS-B-17 DL-0411-10012 C632

No next I have to get:

PAL16L8ACN

I will get a GAL16V8 as it is eraseable.

Last edited:

1. TL866II Plus
2. 10Pcs x ST M27C2001

Aren't you supposed to use 27C010s / 27C1001s? Or are you doubling the files? Still it might not work if higher address lines actually go to the sockets.

1. TL866II Plus
2. 10Pcs x ST M27C2001

Aren't you supposed to use 27C010s / 27C1001s? Or are you doubling the files? Still it might not work if higher address lines actually go to the sockets.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....

Dam, Rookie mistake I have ordered 10 of 27C010 as well but they are not here yet.

I am not sure why I ordered these. I guess I got over excited after receiving the parcel and just went a head without checking the chips.

Thanks @Apocalypse

Even if someone has roms marked as erased in an auction or site purchase you can't really trust it, you pretty much need to own at least a cheap eprom eraser like:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/263829405120

If you want to try a double size for your bigger roms after they are erased you can make their files at cmd prompt like:

copy /b file.name + file.name doubled.bin

You should be able to dump the roms you are replacing now though so we can see if it's an undumped hack.

Hey everyone, Thanks for the all the help, I really appreciate it. As stated before I am a complete noob/first timer on owning the arcade boards let alone fixing or identifying problems.

I purchased another faulty Street Fighter WW board with Graphics problem.

My "27C010s" Arrived, so I burned the 6 ROMs with TL866II Plus

28, 30, 31, 35, 37 and 38

Just curious, Do I need to burn "iob2.11d" and "c632b.ic1" ?

Took the A-Board ROM1 from the new faulty board and boom "Street Fighter 2 World Warriors" is Alive.

Its been 24 years since I last went to arcade to play the game. ...

I also uploaded one of the ROM files to ROMident (http://romident.coinopflorida.com/) and it turns out the ROM that came with the board is

Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Thunder Edition bootleg, 910214 etc)

Thanks again everyone for the help :) I will post pics of the boards :)

Purchasing CPS1 with graphics issues is extremely risky due to the A custom - but assuming the A is good, you will need to replace the PAL at A1 (the hacks use modified PALs) - I don't think you'll need to replace the other one

Back