What's new
Reaction score
Moving some good discussion on a for sale posting to it's own thread in the Taito sub to not muck up the forsale action...

@PascalP had mentioned graphics card troubles:
i have a USF4 TTX3 unit with a defective GPU, at least it keeps a black screen.
Do you know if I can pop in any off the shelf GTX660 or do I need a special Bios like with the Elsa TTX2 cards?
Modifying files on the OS appears to be possible.
but if there is a way to update the graphics drivers on these systems I would love to hear it.
Update the driver in the system. It is just standart Win7 Embedded.
There is no SecureBoot or any other stuff like that.
Onboard TPM is also unused, at least in Windows.

Boot your X3
Wait for Windows to load
Unplug bottom connector from FastIO card, that would prevent FastIO from restarting the system
Now replug SATA cable from the drive to your computer or USB-SATA converter. Do not touch drive's power.
You now got normal disk with NTFS partitions
Take some nice utility (I use Q-Dir, you may use anything else), rename and place it as C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe
Unmount and "eject" the drive from your PC, so NTFS would be marked as "clean", otherwise your X3 would run chkdsk every boot.
Powerdown X3.
Reconnect the drive to X3, reconnect FastIO bottom cable
Connect USB keyboard and mouse
Proceed with normal boot
Wait for Windows to load
Press Shift+Ctrl+Esc
Now you have your file manager running
Disconnect FastIO bottom cable
You may now connect USB flash drive with useful software
Use any external task manager from your USB stick (I use Process Explorer) to kill EXE process with cryptic name, that TDEGBoot spawns)
If you won't kill it - it would reboot Windows after sometime. Don't touch TDEGBoot.
Like here:
tn_X3_TDEGBoot.jpg

Zoom in

Now proceed with whatever you want, like video driver installation.

Above process works fine on my Lord of Vermilion IV machines.
You lost me here. What are you putting in place of taskmgr.exe? Just a file explorer?
Yes, sir! In place, yes, because originally taskmgr.exe is not shipped with this W7 Embedded, but still it would be invoked on Alt+Ctrl+Esc keyboard shortcut.
I specifically use Q-Dir, because it has an option to gain system priviledges for your file operations.

Last edited:
@ArcadeMachinist mentions procexp, so it appears Windows Sysinternals will work fine on the Windows 7 Embedded OS.

I don't fuck with windows embedded much, so this is good to know.

Back