What's new

kspiff

Student
Reaction score
So I elected to just replace all the electrolytic caps on the used FC I bought before I power it up.

Going through the monitor PCBs, I'm noticing that R1 on what appears to be a power PCB (PAP-04B) from the monitor is crispy.

Unfortunately, while I could make out "...02" on the resistor, I'm not sure of the value. I could assume it is "102" which means 1kohm 5%, but currently the thing reads 982ohm. Would assume it would fail open, or be over 1kohm if burned.

I don't suppose schematics exist for these monitors?

I'd ask if anyone could do an ID, but the board is under EMI foil tape. X/

Wait... What am I looking at? This is from the monitor/LCD power supply in the bottom of the cab?

No, it's one of the PCBs behind the metal cover plate on the back access of the monitor. It has a small KAGA transformer on it and is the bottom of the 3 boards under the panel.

Unfortunately it's also under that EMI foil tape (it's used around the perimeter of the cover) which doesn't peel back very cleanly.

There is a pic at http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37899 (2nd pic).

Last edited:
Well the problem for me is even if I wanted to help you and peel back my foil...
I no longer own a F or Capcom (FC) LCD, I replaced mine with the New LCD offered by Taito.

Like J all my vewlixs have the new lcds installed. But, I have like 6 of the FCs lcds in storage. I opened one and removed the emi foil which tears to shit, had to do this to tear down the lcd panel to clean between the layers. If I get a moment I will check for you and take a pic.

Just pack one of those puppies in a box and send it my way while you're at it. :D

But really if you can check it I'd be grateful. One unexpected thing after another with this project. ||

I’m sure I’ll be having my screen in the pics above out of the cab in the next couple of weeks, so I’ll get you done pix if they haven’t already been done by someone else 8)

Just pack one of those puppies in a box and send it my way while you're at it.
I'm pretty sure @Derick2k will sell you one if you like... I already sold mine.
Just be aware, because of the price of a new LCD from Taito, it's hard to part with for less than one fourth (it was for me anyway).

New LCD EMS shipped with fees from Taito to USA approx 1800$ (KC was just selling entire Vewlix cabs for less).
Even used I say 350~550$, that's before shipping.

I might be in the market if he decides he wants to do that. Not excited to have another one of these beasts lying around, but parts are I assume non existent.

I'd rather go the new LCD route myself, but based on forum posts it sounds like they're out of stock anyways.

I just pray that Yugo gets back with a confirmation that he has the lock tangs for this cab in stock. This is a real shit show of a purchase I made, doesn't help being several years late to the party i guess. :rolleyes:

I know they have the locks, the tangs I'm not so sure... I would be willing to lend a complete set out if we could have a metals shop make replacements.

Pictured, one complete Vewlix cab set of tangs (U shape is control panel, L shape is coin door, all others interchangeable).
MNto5Mu.jpg

I know a guy on KLOV that does reproduction metal (control panels, brackets, etc). Takeman. He'd probably do them, but only if the quantities are in demand to meet whatever minimum he is quoted.

I'd commit to a couple of sets. Maybe more, but only if needed to hit quantity to see them made. :whistling:

So the non-coin box/CP tangs are just regular tubular lock tangs I guess? Yugo has the locks in stock, I wonder if those at least include tangs? Guess I'll find out soon.

No the 1153 locks Taito sells are just the tube lock itself (they do come with the locking nut).
If they sell the tangs it would be a seperate part/number.

No the 1153 locks Taito sells are just the tube lock itself (they do come with the locking nut).
If they sell the tangs it would be a seperate part/number.
The set I got a month or two back had the locking nuts. Just no tangs.

I didn't want to start another thread just to ask a couple of other Vewlix questions. Sooo...

Is there a reason why the power supply has grease all over the solder side and mounting near 100v inputs? Should it be re coated after capping?

Grease, really? Do you have a pic?

I'm thinking it might be thermal compound if it's white. It's usually put between transistors and the heatsink (which can double as a cover for the PSU). I've never seen a Vewlix PSU so I don't know if that's the case here.

Back