What's new

Stompp

Student
Reaction score
I have posted this on other forums before, so some of you have probably already read this :whistling:

I've have had three different NVS-4000 PSU's in my New Astro City cabs and all of them have had the same behavior. They have a built in Sega Model 3 stereo amp. If I understand the wirings correctly the mono sound is routed via the volume pot only. The (unamplified) stereo signal passes the amp. From the start they output mono (amplified) sound fine but after I've connected the stereo sound from the Naomi or the System 256 the mono sound no longer...sounds 8| At best you can hear a faint sound from the speakers. The stereo sound still works well.

I know I'm not the only one that has encountered this issue. I'm kinda curious if anyone has an NVS-4000 PSU and can switch between mono and stereo without any issues.

I will add pictures of the PSU and amp tomorrow. Just wanted to toss the question in the open.

I've never dealt with one of these but does it maybe bypass mono if stereo is connected?

Back