What's new

nio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I just replaced the Sansa Buttons on my Madcatz Te2 with silent ones. While removing the old buttons I nearly broke all of the snap elements on the buttons that hold them in place.

Are sanwa buttons that fragil? Is it something with the Te2? aor Me?

Best regards

Only time that has happened to me was when I got some knockoff ones. You have to keep bending the tabs back and forth to get them to break. If you are just inserting them once, something is fishy about them. Could be an old batch and the plastic got brittle, maybe.

Yea they are normally harder to break than that.

Even when I had the side tabs get bent inward, I was able to push them back out again from the inside by removing the plunger/cap.

Back and forth bending will weaken the plastic sure, but a little bit seems harmless in my experience.

Either knockoffs or old, brittle plastic. These days its hard to tell, manufacturer changes, different plastic formulations.

I will give an example, I bought a Qanba stick (chinese made) with original Sanwa buttons. I was replacing all buttons for translucent Sanwa buttons I purchased. I broke one of the tabs on a button that came with the stick. I was super careful removing the rest, but in the end they were garbage, the plastic was brittle and broke apart easily. But do be carefull when removing the buttons, dont just jam the tab full force.

I was removing them. They came eith the madcstz te2. I pushed the snappy thing to pull them out and it broke. After i removed them i pushed the snappy thing even more and easily broke the one from the other side.

Back