Cue Brick (Konami) repair log

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Cue Brick (Konami) repair log

      The board booted but the graphics were faulty:



      I found some Fujitsu chips with corroded legs (F7, G7 and H7):



      I used a vacuum desoldering tool just once to remove part of the solder, later I applied some paste flux in the legs and then used a hot air gun, protecting the surrounding areas with Kapton tape:





      I clean with 99.9% Isopropanol and put a socket. I change the place of two of these ttl chips expecting some change, and I was right:



      Finally I replace the chips with fresh ones. For these boards I prefer to use 0.5mm diameter solder since it flows way easier through the holes.



      Repair done! :P :thumbsup:

      The post was edited 3 times, last by rsignal ().