What's new

ZERO_MILES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello there.

A friend of mine offered me a Gunforce PCB, it uses the famous Irem M92 hardware.

I found out that it IS possible to convert it into another M92 game, but I haven't found a place with all the necessary information.

Does anyone know, for sure, if I can convert it into R-Type Leo, Blade Master, In The Hunt or Hook? I couldn't care less about Gunforce, and I'd love to play one of the aforementioned games on real hardware :)

I also heard Gunforce is the worst donor board for this job, because you have to change some jumpers around, wire this into that, replace som PALs... Any insights?

Cheers

Gunforce runs with smaller roms compared to the other M92 games so it is not (or difficult) to convert.

@Apocalypse sells conversion roms and he can tell you exaclty what is not possible

I bought the Gunforce 2 roms from him, in order to try the conversion from GF1 to GF2. But haven't gotten around to actually try it ^^
@Apocalypse did mention he had no experience with this particular conversion though.

So, worth to try it! I know I won't be doing it for the coming 2 months :)

Gunforce runs with smaller roms compared to the other M92 games so it is not (or difficult) to convert.
I could be wrong, but isn't this a matter of using larger capacity eproms and setting the jumpers accordingly?

No @PascalP is correct, Gunforce is one of (if not the) worst games in the M92 family to try to convert.
Don't even waste your time.

IMO this is what you should be looking for (Skins Game)...
Y2aVrva.jpg

I used a Mayor Title 2 for my converted Rtype Leo and sold my Gunforce ;)

Unfortunately, Irem PCBs are not easy to find here. And not cheap either.

Gunforce for a fair price, even though being a harder board to convert, is sadly my only option in the future.

As far as I have gathered, it's a matter of using the correct PALs, jumpers, larger capacity eproms and maybe a few wires running here and there. Considering this is my only option, the question remains: is it unfeasible, or just "harder to do"?

larger capacity eproms and maybe a few wires running here and there
Uh... more than a few wires... I really would suggest you do NOT attempt it.
I understand the boards are hard to come by, but you don't want Gunforce you only want it to convert.
DONT!

Back