Cabinet Crossbeats Rev Sunrise Nu 1.1 Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cabinet Crossbeats Rev Sunrise Nu 1.1 Questions

Hey Guys, couple question,
      I recently finished restoring CrossxBeats machine (More like cleaning up and re-doing the speaker wiring and small solder fixes here and there), on the NU 1.1, I noticed there was a 64GB Commercial SATA and 500GB HDD (i'm guessing it's for all the songs etc), does anyone know of Nu's Security check for serial # or model # of the ssd/hdd , I want to do a backup each into same sized SSD and keep the original drives safe.

Another thing, for anyone with the crossxbeats machine, I'm noticing if I do test for speakers, the top speakers are barely audible, I'm not sure if that's normal or not, i tested the amp and speaker to be working (hooked it up directly to a music source and works good), as well as test stereo cable so it comes down to what I think might be either it's by design or something going on with AMO-14066 Board (Very bottom board on the cake far left with 5 Jacks ,which has Audio In, Main & Head Phone connected), can anyone with CrossXBeats machine run sound test and confirm for me that top speakers are supposed to work at much lower volume then main speakers and sub woofer?
      My Arcade Adventures
      CandyCab25 CPS2, CPS3, & Naomi NetDimm
      Vewlix L w/ Jamma Kit & Taito X2
      CrossXBeats Rev Sunshine
    • Actually figured out the top speaker issue, The game volume being set at lower then 40% or so seems to tone down the top speakers quite a lot more then the bottom main speakers. I've decided to get some stereo volume controller w/ mute button to control the speaker volumes from dials outside of cabinet that way i can set the game volume higher and just lower it with volume control independently. having mute button on the speakers would be nice to have for playing via Headsets.

I ordered 512gb ssd and 120gb ssd to just try to see about security.
      My Arcade Adventures
      CrossXBeats Rev Sunshine
    • Looks like it was bitlocker encryption. doing sector by sector clone worked fine.
      Setup of external volume controls for Main Speaker, Top Speaker and Subwoofer working as well. Setting the game volume to 80 then control the rest through the knobs.
      Also had chance to change out all the fan to arctic silent fans, and change out the main powersupply with a 80+ gold silent power supply. And re do the gunked stock Thermal paste
      All in all, it worked out perfectly.
      Test running for bit over half a day, cabinet still running cool and fans barely audible how i like it.
      My Arcade Adventures
      CrossXBeats Rev Sunshine
    • I'll be looking to do some fan changes myself.

I noticed some songs were missing from the game, which I'm not sure if this is due to licensing issues. Any chance you any or any owner figured out how to make those songs available?

Example: I noticed "Flowerwall", "God Knows..." Haruhi song, also a Mami Kawada track and a Unison Square Garden track was not available on my machine.
    • Sorry, missed your reply here (recovering from real bad cold)

the power for the rear fan was 24v, i used a variable voltage step down to get about 12v, if i want to slow it down more down to 9v, but i didn't have a need, the artic fans were silent at full 12v speed,
      I played around with and without the rear grill too, the rear grill does cause wind noise a bit, but nothing that would bother me.
      the new fan was bit thinner, but i put washer to make it so the screws don't stick out.

Changed power supply as well as running on new SSD's so that i can keep the original SSD's safe. of course the power supply didn't fit in the case, so i just have it sittin next to the nu machine. But i couldn't bolt the machine back since i had to push it in further to make space for new power supply.

The volume controls are handy while at it too.

let me know if you have any questions while working on it.
      Images
      • IMG_20190112_152324.jpg

95.52 kB, 598×797, viewed 29 times
      • IMG_20190112_152330.jpg

233.23 kB, 598×797, viewed 23 times
      • IMG_20190112_152038.jpg

56.89 kB, 457×343, viewed 43 times
      • IMG_20190112_153336.jpg

134.74 kB, 598×797, viewed 28 times
      • IMG_20190112_153356.jpg

159.13 kB, 598×797, viewed 31 times
      • IMG_20190112_123909.jpg

169.04 kB, 1,063×797, viewed 25 times
      • IMG_20190112_123156.jpg

159.02 kB, 598×797, viewed 24 times
      My Arcade Adventures
      CrossXBeats Rev Sunshine
    • Oh, i'll check for the songs tonight, mine is version 1.04.00 , not sure if maybe capcom has another offline update?

Edit:
      okay, just checked, I'm also missing those songs mentioned, even I checked youtube looking for the title arts, it seems like offline patch might have skipped on those songs
      My Arcade Adventures
      CrossXBeats Rev Sunshine

The post was edited 1 time, last by PiNG1434 ().

• PiNG1434 wrote:

Oh, i'll check for the songs tonight, mine is version 1.04.00 , not sure if maybe capcom has another offline update?

Edit:
      okay, just checked, I'm also missing those songs mentioned, even I checked youtube looking for the title arts, it seems like offline patch might have skipped on those songs
      Yeah, it looks like it did. I also checked at my local Round1 and it was the same.