What's new

PekArcadeGamer

Student
Reaction score
Hey.

I just bought Tecmo Ninja Gaiden 1988 pcb.
I have "pinout and DIP switch settings" manual and "service instruction" manual.
Where i can find full pcb schematics ? Are there any? Maybe someone can lead me in right direction?

Not sure where schematics can be found but I have two of the same board.

SRAM is the usual suspect for a board that boots to garbage. The Fujitsu TTLs aren't chips that like to survive either.

What's the issue with your board?

No issue...i hope...if managed to survive postage from US to Finland. Condition was "working". Have not received yet. Maybe next week.
I am new to this hobby. I have pandoras box jamma board arcadecab tabletop. Now i plan to build dedicated cab using this board.
Schematics would be nice for future use.
I will submit new thread if the board has issues. Nice to hear that other gamers all willing to help. Thanks.

One of my favourite games. Played it to death in my childhood as a local fish n chip shop had it, used to go there after school.

I could use the schematic too, I have a board if I recall was missing some colors, has lines through some of the graphics and player one can't move right.

Last edited:
Not sure where schematics can be found but I have two of the same board.

SRAM is the usual suspect for a board that boots to garbage. The Fujitsu TTLs aren't chips that like to survive either.

What's the issue with your board?
I have a few noob questions. Maybe you can help me?

1. I have chinese 6 button camma harness. It has (pin 27 button 6, 1p) and ("e" button 6 , 2p). Do i connect these to ground as marked in arcade museum service bulletin 1989? (https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/N/Ninja_Gaiden_Service_Bulletin.pdf)
Also pin 28 and "f" do not have wires in my harness. Do i connect these to common ground?

2. In Arcade museum service bulleting 1989 indicates that pin 14 is "NC" but service manual 1988 indicates pin 14 is "video ground". Which is correct?(https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/N/Ninja_Gaiden_Service_Instruction_Manual.pdf)

(https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/N/Ninja_Gaiden_Service_Bulletin.pdf)
In my harness "video ground" is in pin 1. Do i leave it pin 1 or connect to 14 or "e"?

3. What OHM and W should speaker be? Do i connect one or two speakers? This is mono pcb?

Pins 1,2,A,B,27,28,e,f should all be ground.

Pin 14 is video ground. Can connect this to common ground if need be.

It's designed to run a single 8 Ohm speaker, using pins 10 and L.

Thanks for info :) . I will try these.

anyone knows how to turn a Shadow Warriors to Ninja Ryukenden ? I like more the japanese version especially when he says "Ninja ! Ryukenden !" when the level is finished

anyone knows how to turn a Shadow Warriors to Ninja Ryukenden ? I like more the japanese version especially when he says "Ninja ! Ryukenden !" when the level is finished
According to Mame, for Ninja Ryukenden (Japan, set 1) it's six eproms:

Four 512 kbit roms in 4B, 7A, 12B & 13B
Two 1 mbit roms in 3S and 4S

I have seen ninja gaiden boards with somekind of B-board extension. What is that? Mine does not have it. Does those boards have interchangeable parts?

Need help. I tested my board. Picture ok. Then i realized my chinese power supply output was 5.02V and 13.8V. Measured with accurate Fluke. When tested earlier without board output was 5.2V and 12.6V. Is that 13.8V too much? And damage pcb? Should i buy better power supply?

If you measure without the game board connected the output voltage will be a bit higher, so that's not accurate.
The output in A (amps) is the max that the power supply can deliver if it is asked to do so.
The board will only take what is needed, so no problem there. The 13.8 is a bit high, but within 1-2% tolerance so not a biggie.

For testing just connect only +5, -5, +12, GND, video GND/sync/r/g/b and you should see the board running on a suitable CRT/CGA monitor.

If you measure without the game board connected the output voltage will be a bit higher, so that's not accurate.
The output in A (amps) is the max that the power supply can deliver if it is asked to do so.
The board will only take what is needed, so no problem there. The 13.8 is a bit high, but within 1-2% tolerance so not a biggie.

For testing just connect only +5, -5, +12, GND, video GND/sync/r/g/b and you should see the board running on a suitable CRT/CGA monitor.
Thanks for reply.

I connected one 12v fan to 12v line to create some load. Then adjusted power supply. Got 5.02 V and 12.6 V. Without fan 12v line will jump up to 13.6 V. Measurement were done with board running normally.

Got speaker. Sound is good.

Should i replace capasitors? I am no expert spotting bad capasitors...no bulging though.

Back