What's new
I would draw up a daughter board that could solder onto the PB.JAMMA to take care of console to JAMMA needs.
...wanna bang this one out for me with your newfound pcb-layout skillz? 2.54mm for the cps2 kick, but 2.50mm for the jst?
8NKtVCH.jpg
Actually, it is 2.50mm spacing for the CPS2 connector and JST connector. That one should be cake. Need these things myself. Let me give it a whack.

So I gave it a whack. Seems there is no existing libaries for:
  • Hirose DF1B Series connectors
  • JST NH 10-position connectors
So I am stuck. I am not advanced enough to make my own libraries or know which other existing libraries I can adapt to suit the need yet. But hey, it is slow at work so between twirling my thumbs, I have time on my hands. So here is my plan. I am going to kill two birds with one stone:
  1. Primary Function
    1. Design a CPS1 to CPS2 kickharness adapter
    2. Shall be as small as possible for project box fitment while still working in free hanging application
    3. Shall have at least 3 mounting holes for mounting stability
  2. Secondary Function
    1. Add header allowing Japanese JAMMA edge connectors that have buttons 4/5 coming off the JAMMA edge and button 6 comes off the I/O for use with the CPS2 kick harness
    2. Being an owner of several US woodies, this presents a problem for me since I have more Sega I/O's than I have Capcom I/O's. US woodies don't typcially have pins on the edge connector for buttons 4/5
    3. Will insert a header so that buttons 4/5 and 6 can be wire-jumpered from the JAMMA edge and I/O to the Hirose connector, respectively
The secondary function should help folks out there that run NAOMI's on non-JVS cabs in keeping the wiring in their cas JAMMA + standard. What do you guys think?

1TXVTjC.jpg

@kuze I'm looking at this image and your headers are on the top of the PB Jamma, but the wires seem to go to the bottom. What's going on here? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

1TXVTjC.jpg

@kuze I'm looking at this image and your headers are on the top of the PB Jamma, but the wires seem to go to the bottom. What's going on here? Just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.
Good eyes! The video and power cables I had (what came with the UVC and a molex power adapter to connect to it) were too thick to crimp inside the molex housing I had on hand, so I ended up just soldering those wires underneath the PB JAMMA. :whistling:

I could have gotten away with smaller wire, but would have had to make alternate wiring for the UVC so I winged it.

The 20-pin connectors/housings for controls and the CPS1 style kick harness didn't have such a problem and can be easily detached for maintenance of course.

wvVVrne_d.jpg

It’s alive! Time to throw it all into a project box. Thanks @kuze
Hell yeah! Great stuff @ekorz, it's coming together nicely. :thumbup:

The UVC + Brooks combo kicks ass right?

@kuze Awesome stuff, Im gonna need 2 of these built so....sending you the UVCs, How much???

120012.jpg
Haha thanks! Awesome to see others putting together similar kits. I got my inspiration from projects @reclaimer and @Lemony Vengeance have done.

I'm way behind on personal projects and not looking to build more at this time, but with the great folks on this forum I'm sure you can find someone willing to make these. AFAIK Lemony is taking on projects like this or at least he was recently. :thumbsup:

I bought the UVC like a year ago when I saw one because they were rare and I figured I’d stumble upon an application for it at some point. I like the idea of it being part of a separate connector box, keeps things flexible.

The brooks UFB is good but I also have some extra PS360+ boards with the same header pinout that I will add RA headers to, maybe swap them in here if I run only 360 on this. But it’s plug and play. Nice to have options!

The real key here, I think, is the PB Jamma board. Makes it really easy to combine everything. Nice design @Lemony Vengeance!

You guys know I love me some PB.JAMMA action! Getting around to designing some daughterboards to unlock the power of the board. Speaking of which, been studying up on how to create my own libraries. Here is a little progress with your request @ekorz:

ProtoPB.Jamma.KickHarness.PNG

2.5m spacing throughout! Let me know if I need to invert the CPS1 header.

Surprisingly, there are a lot vociferous ppl that ridicule console-to-JAMMA efforts. Meh, fuck them. Nice work @ekorz & @kuze!

Question/request for @Lemony Vengeance, is it possible to retrieve the following spacing measurements on the PB.JAMMA? Actually, dimensions for the entire board would help entirely for producing expansion/daughter boards for such projects. But looking for these specifically for now:
  • Spacing between the holes from the CPS1 header and the Video header
    • I think it is the same spacing between the video header->audio header->12vdc header?
  • Spacing between the CPS1 header and the 2p 2x10 header
  • Spacing between the 2p 2x10 header and the 1p 2x10 header
  • Spacking between the 2p 2x10 header and the Home button 4-pin header

Last edited:
@acblunden2 link isn’t working... anyway I’m building the cps1 connector myself so I could do it either way. I’d assume leave it “standard” though, this would just be a cps2 to cps1 converter that you could build yourself so no reason to make it more complicated.

Yeap, no reason to make it more complicated than that.

Possibly, it can be used secondarily to wire buttons 4/5 from the JAMMA harness and button 6 from a Sega I/O to a CPS2 kick harness connector. But don’t think anything special has to be done with the PCB for that, provided its all common ground.

Nice, looks good! Just needs the appropriate traces yeah? I think I need to order a cps1 connector now...

You guys know I love me some PB.JAMMA action! Getting around to designing some daughterboards to unlock the power of the board. Speaking of which, been studying up on how to create my own libraries. Here is a little progress with your request @ekorz:

ProtoPB.Jamma.KickHarness.PNG

2.5m spacing throughout! Let me know if I need to invert the CPS1 header.

Surprisingly, there are a lot vociferous ppl that ridicule console-to-JAMMA efforts. Meh, fuck them. Nice work @ekorz & @kuze!
Looking good! That will be a handy adapter for a lot of folks.

The Cave games ported to the 360 can be outrageously expensive, so it's great having an affordable option with some additional features like saved replays, training mode, arrange, etc.

They might not be 100% accurate but if you can clear a game on the 360, you can clear it on the PCB.

Last edited:
Question/request for @Lemony Vengeance, is it possible to retrieve the following spacing measurements on the PB.JAMMA? Actually, dimensions for the entire board would help entirely for producing expansion/daughter boards for such projects. But looking for these specifically for now:

• Spacing between the holes from the CPS1 header and the Video header
    • I think it is the same spacing between the video header->audio header->12vdc header?
  • Spacing between the CPS1 header and the 2p 2x10 header
  • Spacing between the 2p 2x10 header and the 1p 2x10 header
  • Spacking between the 2p 2x10 header and the Home button 4-pin header
hmm.. lemme check my notes. beyond the gerber files for this, I'm not sure I have the original project plan anymore :/ it's been about 4 years since I passed this on to FA and I've done a LOT of digital housekeeping since then.

Admittedly, the PB-JAMMA is in need of a v2. one that is better laid out, one that has more features....

I really need to find some time to work on some PCB projects.

AFAIK Lemony is taking on projects like this or at least he was recently. :thumbsup:
I have and can make these up. I'm looking to make a batch of 360 adapters.. maybe I can slide a UVC/UFB order in the mix.. that is if the boards are provided to me. I'm not ever letting go of my UVCs ;)

I still kills me missing out on that one day that all those UVC's went on eBay for like $35 each. I know you got a bunch of em Lem ;)

It was like the Ultracade guy got out of jail and just put all the stuff he had in storage on eBay.

One of you hardware masters should to make a cheap version of the UVC scaler, the market would eat it up.

Last edited:
Since I'm never going to buy a SDOJ PCB due to the price what would be the best way to go about getting video from an Xbox 360 to a NAC? If I'm not mistaken with this setup you're using an Xbox 360 VGA cable into the UVC which gets fed video from the JAMMA harness? What's the best alternative to a UVC since they seem unobtainable at this point?

UVC isn't the best. It is mid-range and sandwiched at the high end by Extron downscaling stuff. In terms of availability, you'll have to go with the bottom end VGA-CGA adapters from Gnobes.

There is also the option of going with 480i. But that is more involved than you might be willing to invest.

UVC isn't the best. It is mid-range and sandwiched at the high end by Extron downscaling stuff. In terms of availability, you'll have to go with the bottom end VGA-CGA adapters from Gnobes.

There is also the option of going with 480i. But that is more involved than you might be willing to invest.
The SDOJ screenshot in the first post looks great, that's at 480p right?

Have you ever used one of those VGA-CGA converters? Are they going to have seriously bad video quality that's gonna have me wishing I had something better?

Back