What's new

glstar

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just to know if someone have ever do a conversion from caveman ninja into edward randy.
Two pals should be crypted and this prevent the conversion.
Shame but our big boss Apocalypse never tried this conversion.
:(

Let me know if someone knows somthing.
:)

The protection chip (one of the SMDs) is different.
That would need to be swapped in addition to the ROMs and PALs.

either that or the game would have to be patched to use the different protection chip.

I've been looking at this conversion myself for a little while now. If someone wants to find me a cheap working Caveman Ninja I'm interested in seeing if I can patch the protection to allow for conversions without swapping the protection chip.

Last edited:

either that or the game would have to be patched to use the different protection chip.
ok now i understand…
:(

I've been looking at this conversion myself for a little while now. If someone wants to find me a cheap working Caveman Ninja I'm interested in seeing if I can patch the protection to allow for conversions without swapping the protection chip.
hi :

Ball park on cheap?

regards
euphoria

There's been one sitting unsold on KLOV for $250. That seems high (they're selling for ~150 on Ebay), so maybe you can make him an offer.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=459086&highlight=caveman+ninja

I'll keep an eye out and will let you know if I spot any more. I'd love an Edward Randy conversion! :D

Caveman ninja shouldn't be more than $150-175 tops. I bought one for $125 shipped on ebay, but the guy packed it like shit and it got dinged in the mail, took a hit to a side edge and destroyed a whole bunch of top/bottom traces in the process.

Last edited:
There's been one sitting unsold on KLOV for $250. That seems high (they're selling for ~150 on Ebay), so maybe you can make him an offer.

forums.arcade-museum.com/showt…6&highlight=caveman+ninja
yeah... that one...

He originally had it listed last August as part of a large text list for sale for ~$120 IIRC.
I messaged him about it:
cn.jpg

Then a couple of weeks later I see it relisted with pictures for $250.

I'm guessing he saw some of the over priced eBay listings that don't actually sell and decided his original price was too low and then just blew me off.

I feel like he did this with a lot of the boards he listed, if you see the thread: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=456498

he basically backed out of everything because he "went about it the wrong way"

kinda shitty IMO.

Nice looking theard ! Head up for this :thumbup: . i'm sure Edward Randy can be converted . I feel it !

I grown with Caveman Ninja (it's a beautiful platformer) . Maybe is somebody here who have a Edward Randy conversion and want to share his notes :whistling:

yeah... that one...
He originally had it listed last August as part of a large text list for sale for ~$120 IIRC.
I messaged him about it:
cn.jpg

I'm guessing he saw some of the over priced eBay listings that don't actually sell and decided his original price was too low and then just blew me off.

I feel like he did this with a lot of the boards he listed, if you see the thread: https://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=456498

kinda shitty IMO.
Don'tcha just LOVE that? I had a similar experience on twatbay last year. Was buying two D.D Crew boards off a guy in Brazil. They were "not working". I bought them both for USD $99each. I figured it might just be suicide chip.

After I purchased them he cancelled and said they were "damaged in moving" but then both re-appeared 2 days later with pictures showing them working for USD$350 each! The bastard...

There is an AU seller on twatbay with a bunch of stupidly overpriced boards for sale. He had Gunforce listed since late 2017 for $250 and it never sold. Now he has it for $415 and talks about the value of M92 games now, how expensive Gunforce is now (it isn't) and it can easily be converted (it can't). Exactly why I cannot stand most twatbay sellers, especially in this country.

yeah... that one...He originally had it listed last August as part of a large text list for sale for ~$120 IIRC.
I messaged him about it:
cn.jpg

kinda shitty IMO.
Don'tcha just LOVE that? I had a similar experience on twatbay last year. Was buying two D.D Crew boards off a guy in Brazil. They were "not working". I bought them both for USD $99each. I figured it might just be suicide chip.
After I purchased them he cancelled and said they were "damaged in moving" but then both re-appeared 2 days later with pictures showing them working for USD$350 each! The bastard...

There is an AU seller on twatbay with a bunch of stupidly overpriced boards for sale. He had Gunforce listed since late 2017 for $250 and it never sold. Now he has it for $415 and talks about the value of M92 games now, how expensive Gunforce is now (it isn't) and it can easily be converted (it can't). Exactly why I cannot stand most twatbay sellers, especially in this country.
hi : sega

I think i know who you mean. I had a similar experience with a guy in brazil. With a liquid lids. Paid for and never got sent.
Had to file a claim with ebay, to get back my aussie peso’s lol.
Then he relists 6 months later for more based on a minor jump in price on klov. These people stay ahead of the curve with high prices.
Actually if you have a look. Some of the sellers here and klov are those people. In fact you will also find one or two sellers have multiple ebay accounts in brazil and italy just to name a couple.

PS ( dont get offended as i have bought items in good faith and sometimes due to the time frames i have not received money back).

regards
euphoria

The same protection chip as Edward Randy can be found on a low value PCB...

Data East Custom 66 :

"Mutant Fighter"

Years ago I found a Edward Randy PCB without a custom 66, I got it from a Mutant Fighetr pcb.

Not all Caveman Ninja PCBS are suitable for conversion.

You need the long version with more space for graphic roms.

The PALs are the same and the prom is the same.

Back