What's new
I've been looking for a cheap mutant fighter for ages but they always seem to get listed on eBay (and of course never sell) for $150+ which IMO is more than that game's worth

I thought I had this one, but I have "hippodrome" or something. I guess it's the first one and it's freaking terrible.

Is MF better or do you guys just want to rip off the chip from it?

I'll get in line for getting one just to play!

What sucks if with this conversion you are stealing a chip from one board, to convert another to something else. Wish the roms could be patched but that would be crazy work as the chip I think its some type of memory mapping/redirecting or something like that.

Years ago sold Mutant fighters pcb for a few coins.
But now it seems that everything has taken a crazy value ...
If we consider the purchase of a Caveman Ninja and a Mutant Fighters, I believe that today it is not worthwhile for a conversion.

My situation was different, I had an original Edward Randy without the "66" custom chip.

I found a Mutant Fighter reduced to a junk scrap with many missing components and oxidation but whit the custom "66" still present and in good condition.

I would still do it today :D

E Randy has become incredibly ridiculous in price and kinda hard to get an original one.

E Randy has become incredibly ridiculous in price and kinda hard to get an original one.
Eh, but Caveman Ninja is still plentiful. Monster Fighter pops up less often it feels like.

Eh, but Caveman Ninja is still plentiful.
is it? I've been unable to find one for a reasonable price.
Is still as in in the past year anyway. This week or past couple months idk. But I've seen quite a few under 100 in the past year (and before that a bunch under 75). But far fewer Monster Fighters.

But I've seen quite a few under 100 in the past year (and before that a bunch under 75)
you got some links? because I've been on the look out for a couple of years but haven't found one for under $200.

you got some links? because I've been on the look out for a couple of years but haven't found one for under $200.
Found a few on KLOV that have their prices replaced with "SOLD", and eBay doesn't go back more than a couple months now for completed listings, but there's a sold one at 150 from March from cointechtexas.

Dont forget it has to be the long board for the conversion, myself Im trying to get the short version in the best condition possible to keep, mine is a bit beat up.

So is this the correct conversion process?

1) Start with Caveman Ninja longboard.
2) Pull all Caveman Ninja ROM chips.
3) Install programmed Edward Randy EPROM chips.
4) Install Data East 66 Custom in place of 104 Custom.

I'm presuming the 66 Custom replaces the 104 Custom given that they both appear to be in the same place on their respective OG PCBs.

i was just thinking edward randy looked a bit boring to play - just continous scrolling like green beret only better gfx

Definitely an overrated game IMO. Plays clunky and is priced at 10x of what it should be because it’s “rare”.

But I have weird taste and expectations from games.

Does anyone have an Edward Randy conversion?

Back