What's new

keropi

Student
Reaction score
Hello!

I am testing some System 16B conversions for personal use but all sources on the net point to jammarcade.net to get the decrypted cpu roms.
These files are no longer available and the admins have a notification that they don't want to be contacted with file requests...
Anyone kept a mirror of the files from when they were available? Or know an alternative source?

Thanks in advance for any help/tips! :)

Woof. I doubt there’s a full backup for that. Maybe if you post the games you’re looking to decrypt, someone can reach out and hook you up. If all else fails segaressurection probably still sells the decrypts.

Not to mention key writing is soon to be an option, and apocalypse is making a multi board. That board will run decrypted roms so maybe that roll up pack will end up being your backup.

(Mods feel free to edit this if there’s something else going on here!)

yeah I've seen segaressurection but this is not for me :)
I have seen arcadehacker's blog post - all the tools and guide is available now but if I could just have the decrypted roms atm I would be happier - I am just messing with my board.
The upcoming roll up pack is certainly an option but who can wait? LOL

Good call listing what I search for atm:

- Golden Axe (set 3, World) (FD1094 317-0120)
- Altered Beast (set 2) (MC-8123B 317-0066)
- Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (set 3, World, System 16B) (FD1094 317-0089)

It's a shame the files went down because of potential legal implications...
thanks for the input!

searching it in google with "sega fd1094" showed some other sources.

Maybe they are labeled as "bootleg of FD1094" in mame romsets?

goldnaxe3d Golden Axe (set 3, World) (bootleg of FD1094 317-0120 set)
wb33d Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (set 3, World, System 16B) (bootleg of FD1094 317-0089 set)

Last edited:
- Altered Beast (set 2) (MC-8123B 317-0066)
I remember when I decrypted this set I ended up with a file perfectly matching the one from an other romset with non encrypted sound CPU.

[EDIT]
Just checked and yep, just use file epr-11671.a10 from the altbeast romset.

[EDIT 2]
There's few decrypted files there:

http://www.pinballzone.com/tech/fd1094/index.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it. How the heck is Sega Resurrection still going then? That's some selective copyright protection.

the most sad thing is that all files were available in 1 place only and now it's gone.
I don't blame jammarcade at all, it is still a place with awesome resources and they needed to protect that but not having an alternative source is annoying :(

This is unfortunate, I was just going through my system 16 collection and my Japanese altered beast just died, jammarcade was great they helped me get my Sega Tetris going last year!

This is unfortunate, I was just going through my system 16 collection and my Japanese altered beast just died, jammarcade was great they helped me get my Sega Tetris going last year!
Fortunately there's a method to reinject keys now. Have a look at Arcade Hacker's blog.

Back