What's new
check out the vertical games on the F3 multi... it's close to half and half there too.
Those don't count, you can change them back and forth in the menu!

I meant to comment on games you can't flip via dip or menu (I just failed to actually do so, ha).

Hey @brentradio - for the ArcadeSD, you say no screen flip option - do you mean in cocktail mode player 1/2 doesn't flip?
Nope, I mean if you install this in your cab and the monitor is upside down, there is no way to flip the screen to be right side up in the menu. This mainly affects the Vertical games. The Horizontal games seem to be in the normal monitor orientation for a normal jamma pcb. But the Vertical games are opposite of most normal jamma pcb's. So if you have a Horizonatal cab, then you will be fine. But if your cab plays most jamma pbc's in the Vertical position, then the ArcadeSD will be upside down with no easy way to fix it (as it's opposite most normal vertical pcb's).
Got it - no problem - I will just flip the monitor if this is the case.

I noticed your first post mentions DK3 being a favorite so I'll chime in that I've read the ArcadeSD is missing a few sounds on Donkey Kong 3.
The ArcadeSD is still produced but no longer supported with new game updates, but plays the vast majority of classics supposedly without a hitch, altho I've never experienced one myself (I don't have the dosh for it honestly). I own the first iteration of the Arcadeshop multiboards- the "gamma 9-in-1", and everything plays fine on there sans the goofy scratchy samples used on Donkey Kong and DK Junior.

The 60-in-1 in my honest opinion is kinda dogshit, but for a number of games it's okay. It touts high score saves but they never work, sometimes it saves the score itself but not the name or initials. It supports VGA-out for use with LCD monitors but the input lag is pretty bad.
There's sound issues on most games, altho in some cases it's minor. It ranges from "the sound ghosts make after being eaten in pac-man is wrong" to "1943 and bomb jack have audio that's so distorted the game is unplayable".

I've also had some odd crashes with the 60-in-1 where the emulation just hits the fan. I was playing through Pengo a while back when suddenly the enemies (and my penguin) were able to walk through the walls of the maze and out of bounds.

I use a Raspberry Pi with Arpicade for now and it plays everything without a hitch, plus I have much greater control over getting everything just right, including using accurate samples for games like Donkey Kong and using backdrop simulations for games like Space Invaders.

for the price the icade 60-in-1 is hard to beat - yes the sound is off on some games but for a test PCB, something to stick in a cab to flip onto eBay or for a quick blast of space invaders/galaxian its great.

I also have the Game Elf 412 Vertical - the emulation is better and it has Space Firebird but it cost more than double the icade.

60-in-1’s are great! For people to put them into $100 Craigslist bought cabinets they put a new coat of paint on and flip for $1500...

Hi @brentradio - my arcadesd arrived today - so far I am loving it....

Question for those who have built one of these - in the manual it says "automatically switches 4/8 way mode on selectable joysticks".

What exactly does that mean?

Matt

RTFM

Ok - I see it "The Coin 2 current sink can be configured in the menu to turn LOW for 8 way joystick games"....

What joystick might that be that would do this?

Matt

Back