What's new

BlinG

Grand Master
Reaction score
Does anyone know a part number for the CN1 Connector on a CPS2 B-Board (USA/JAPAN) or the pins that go in them? I got a board here that I am attempting to repair and was wondering if these parts are available to the public?

Do you have the guts? :) It's a bear, but it's possible (I've probably done 20 or so on the A board side). Definitely need a hot air station and I recommend experimenting on a totally trashed one first to figure out the heat/air flow/timing of the operation. The style is DIN 41612 EURO-CARD VME connector. Digikey & Mouser stock them, but you'll have to brave the parametric search to find the exact match (I don't know it off-hand). Pretty sure they are 96 pins, but check for yourself.

I have some trash B boards (acid damage) if you want to experiment. Your brother has bought stuff from me a few times locally.
-ud

I actually just salvaged parts from a destroyed CPS2 board and it worked out. I just was hope to get new parts to avoid desoldering the trash board. I eventually got a desoldering gun and it made the process easy so everything worked out. I did order a couple of DIN connectors, so if I have to do this process again i'll test those connectors out and update everyone with the part number used.

Back