What's new

donluca

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My memory could be failing me on this, but I think I saw some years ago a rom hack which enabled you to play Eco Fighters without a spinner, using a button to rotate your weapon.

Have I smoked something funny or does something like this exist (and google is failing me)? :D

I have never played the game, but I thought it's supposed to work with button rotation 'as stock'. One button for clockwise rotation, the other for CCW.

It's only when you connect the spinner adapter board to it you unlock the spinner functionality.

EDIT: the manual confirms this:

https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/E/eco-fighters.pdf

Funnily enough there's no mention of the spinner adapter. Probably wasn't sold outside Japan.

When I had one previously it used 2 buttons to spin in both directions if I recall correctly. This was on a legit board, no hacks.

Didn't even know this game used a spinner.

Oh gosh, you're right. Don't know what I was thinking. Well, thanks for clarifying that :D

Yeah, no spinner is standard and if you did want to use a spinner you need a pretty fancy interface board that was never officially released by Capcom. There's a Japanese guy who figured out how to make it work and he sells them for around $250.
-ud

Ok, ok, so I must have remembered exactly the opposite: there was someone who made this and forgotten worlds work with a spinner, but the original versions worked without. My bad! :S

Yeah, no spinner is standard and if you did want to use a spinner you need a pretty fancy interface board that was never officially released by Capcom. There's a Japanese guy who figured out how to make it work and he sells them for around $250.
-ud
Do u know where I can find this guy? I would love to play eco fighters with a spinner

This is the good pcb ? (attached)

Attachments

• IMG_20220820_173457.jpg
    IMG_20220820_173457.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 70
I have played Eco fighters with the adapter of Brizzo "for puzzle bobble".
Need some modification and it's working ;)

The pcb in pictures on the last post, i have it later and i just played puzzle loop 2.

Back