What's new

RGB

Champion
Reaction score
Available here - https://rgbslab.com/products/has-v4-2

The package includes:​

• a HAS unit
  • a complete plexiglass case (4 mm thick plexiglass cover for top and bottom, spacers and bolts; the case comes unassembled)
  • a power supply cable (~45 cm long, 18 AWG wires in black, red, white, yellow colors)
The HAS remains the only supergun on the market that comes with:
  • Customizable button layout with a unique feature of buttons duplication
  • Customizable autofire that is synchronized with the game’s VSync for the best possible compatibility; it allows you to apply one of 6 autofire rates to any button
  • CSync regeneration feature that does work, and does fix the Taito F3 video issues when it’s connected to the XRGB Mini using the RGB Scart cable

30889160353_f2047ffe65_z.jpg

General​

• JAMMA, JAMMA+, and "CHAMMA" compatible
  • Built-in voltmeter (selectable +5 V/+12 V)
  • Comes with a plexiglass case and a power supply harness
  • 142 x 88 x 35 mm total size with the plexiglass case (133 x 74 mm PCB size)
  • Modular build; can be upgraded using dedicated modules that sit "on top" of the HAS

Controls​

• DB15 controller ports (NeoGeo compatible, pinout extended to support buttons 5 and 6)
  • Programmable button layout
  • Programmable rapid-fire (VSync synchronized or asynchronous, 6 different fire rates)
  • Buttons 1-6 on the JAMMA connector (buttons 4-6 can be disabled)
  • Buttons 4-6 on the JST-XH 6 pin “kick harness” connector
  • Test and Service buttons

Audio-Video​

• Video output: Fully buffered 0.3-1 Vp-p 75 Ohm RGB (0.7 Vp-p nominal at the default potentiometer position), CSync 0.35 Vp-p 75 Ohm (can be set to TTL ~5 Vp-p 470 Ohm impedance)
  • Audio output: Unbalanced, attenuated to line level; stereo support for the NeoGeo MVS
  • Video on an 8 pin mini-DIN connector (XRGB mini/NESRGB pinout); audio on a 3.5 mm stereo connector or the 8 pin mini-DIN if the 3.5 mm stereo connector is not in use
  • CSync Regeneration feature
  • Selectable raw JAMMA/unprocessed CSync
  • Selectable Video Low Pass Filter
  • Brightness regulation using a single knob
  • Optional HSync and VSync outputs on the PCB (~5 Vp-p, TTL)
  • Can be upgraded to output video through an HD-15 connector (requires an HD-15 module)

Power​

• Power is delivered through a 6 pin JST-VH power connector (GND, +5 V, +12 V, -5 V)

Disclaimer: You will need a Power Supply Unit (PSU) and a Video Cable of your choosing to power the unit and display output from the HAS. Please see the Setup examples page for recommendations.
Make sure you read and follow the Instruction Manual.

Last edited:
Is there a good thread that goes over use cases and common add ons?

In North America so thinking I'm 100% for the unit itself a Saturn controller converter. Kick harnesses.
Definitely the terminal block cover and the PSU Cable.

Just not sure on the video options between the hd15 the 8 pin mini, the RGB and the PS2 to scart. Or a combination of the above.

Don't have a pvm and have one CRT but mostly HD TVs. Anyone have a recommendation? Thoughts?

Awesome stuff! Just submitted my interest via the form. :thumbup:

Reactions: RGB
Hi,
I recommend the main HAS sales thread or just PM me.
Just not sure on the video options between the hd15 the 8 pin mini, the RGB and the PS2 to scart. Or a combination of the above.

Don't have a pvm and have one CRT but mostly HD TVs. Anyone have a recommendation? Thoughts?
Do you already own the OSSC or the XRGB mini? My recommendation would be one of those two devices and an RGB Scart cable (from the RGC online store, based in the UK) for the HD TV or if you already own the PS1/PS2 RGB Scart cable, then you could get the PS2 Scart adapter or the CXA2075 adapter, because the latter can output 3 types of video signal via the PlayStation Multi AV port: Composite Video, S-Video and RGB.

Last edited:
Hi,
I recommend the main HAS sales thread or just PM me.

Do you already own the OSSC or the XRGB mini? My recommendation would one of those two devices and an RGB Scart cable (from the RGC online store, based in the UK) for the HD TV or if you already own the PS1/PS2 RGB Scart cable, then you could get the PS2 Scart adapter or the CXA2075 adapter, because the latter can output 3 types of video signal via the PlayStation Multi AV port: Composite Video, S-Video and RGB.
PM sent, ty!

Count me in for two! These are amazing elegant yet feature packed superguns. I can't wait to use this on a PVM.

Count me in for 1 please, form submitted :) Thank you!

Preordered! Hopefully I checked off everything I need. This is exciting! :)

Preordered a few days ago. You may see me on there twice however since I forgot to add my arcade-projects forum name on there. ^^

This guy makes some real quality stuff just saying.

What @Apocalypse said and its terrible!
That's why I use a RECO device (also made by @RGB) in conjunction with my Taito JAMMA kit.

For some reason, Taito also had to be different putting buttons 4 and 5 on the edge, then feeding only 6 in via strange two prong connector.
I chopped the funky connector and replaced it with a normal CPS2/3 style kicks.

RECO pools all these inputs (4, 5 from the edge +6 from the kicks) back together into its own CPS2/3 style kicks connector...
While still keeping 4 on the edge for MVS support, however this pooling also causes the strange Vampire Hunter crash bug on CPS2 (ie if button 4 is present on both the edge and kicks at the same time).

DDzzR12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RECO pools all these inputs (4, 5 from the edge +6 from the kicks) back together into its own CPS2/3 style kicks connector...
While still keeping 4 on the edge for MVS support, however this pooling also causes the strange Vampire Hunter crash bug on CPS2 (ie if button 4 is present on both the edge and kicks at the same time).
You need to remember that RECO was designed when the CPS2 bug wasn't known (I hadn't heard of it before and hadn't encountered it myself). Anyways, the HAS has got the means to disable buttons 4-6 on the JAMMA edge, and the same will be with the new RECO revision if I release it.

Last edited:
Back