What's new
Great work @RGB! How can we go about preordering the new HAS revision?

It's got the same features and functionality, but I changed a few things:

- The microcontroller is in DIP case, socketed
- DIP switch instead of numerous SPDT switches
- The voltmeter is mounted differently

Last edited:
Hi there, quick question, are you going to use this thread or create a new one?

@RGB, would it be possible to add 2 knobs on the HAS to control the V and H position of the image for non arcade CRTs as seen here? I could buy the one from Aliexpress but I rather pay to someone who knows what he's doing and that can deliver quality stuff. Maybe add it on the JAMMA extension harness?

does 8pin mini DIN connector for audio and video output means i can use my genesis 2 scart cable?
what power supply is to be used with this 6 pin connector?

The Genesis 2 uses a mini din-9, so it wouldn't be compatible.

As for power supplies, there is a thread about various arcade power supplies to use here: Budget Arcade Power Supplies

When you purchase a HAS, a power cable is included to hook it up to a screw-terminal power supply like those in that thread.

can you recommand where to buy mini din 8 pin cable?
since my setup is with crt/pvm i cant use arcade power supply so i guess a pc psu will be ok for most arcade boards,
am i right?

I personally ordered mine from Retro Access (US), but Retro Gaming Cables (UK) makes them too. I'm sure there are more sellers people here will chime in about.

I'm not sure I understand your concern with a CRT. I have mine connected with a meanwell PSU (from that thread), and I've connected it to a PVM and two different BVMs without issue. It doesn't have to be a PSU taken from the inside of an actual arcade cabinet. Just needs to be able to provide 12v and 5v to the HAS to properly power it and the arcade board connected. And a few older boards might require -5v as well.

my concern is using arcade power supply with exposed terminals out in the open where my children can reach...
that's why I prefer more closed protected pc power supply or other solution if exist

Back