What's new
Yes that version works. It's version 5.1 that has issues with the CPS3. Just be aware that I've ordered from that site before and It took almost 2 months to get the product due to Customs withholding it here in the USA.

Yes that version works. It's version 5.1 that has issues with the CPS3. Just be aware that I've ordered from that site before and It took almost 2 months to get the product due to Customs withholding it here in the USA.
Ok, thanks, is there a USA based supplier of this? I didn't realize it was outside the USA.

I'm thinking I should get a SCSI2SD adapter for long term use. I had one CD-ROM drive stop working.

Hey you PM me on this.. if you are able to pay the same cost as the site, I can ship you mine and lower the cost of the CPS3 kit to reflect that price.. my is new, I never used it, was too lazy to create the SD ISO thing for it..

Note - those scsi2sd card comes with a small iscsi cable like the one attached to the CD-ROM in my picture, you will have to used the original iscsi cable from the CDrom since they are longer.

Last edited:
Hey you PM me on this.. if you are able to pay the same cost as the site, I can ship you mine and lower the cost of the CPS3 kit to reflect that price.. my is new, I never used it, was too lazy to create the SD ISO thing for it..

Note - those scsi2sd card comes with a small iscsi cable like the one attached to the CD-ROM in my picture, you will have to used the original iscsi cable from the CDrom since they are longer.
PM sent

Is this style of red SCSI2SD adapter shown in the photo below also recommended and does it work well?

It perhaps looks to be a v5.0b and is available for $65 shipping from California on this website: https://store.inertialcomputing.com/product-p/scsi2sd-v5.0b-molex.htm

attachment.php

Just checked my email records, and yeah I ordered that exact one from Inertial Computing in 8/17. I haven't used it heavily but I've flashed like 2-3 games with it so far and never had any issues.

There's instructions for doing the firmware update on it (which I did immediately) in the same thread as how to make the SD image. I use the little shorty cable they included and no molex for power.

Oh darn, that is the one that I was planning on purchasing for my setup due to it being located in country. Guess I'd be better off getting this itead one.

I highly suggest getting the 5.0b version off that USA site before it goes out of stock. That version is confirmed to be working with cps3. I have no idea if they plan on still producing that model. Once they’re gone, you probably won’t be able to buy them again since version 5.1 is the current model.

Thanks everyone, I've ordered a v5.0b.

Quantity is down to three left I see now.

Does anyone know of an EU supplier? I tried to order from an Amiga forum, but they didn’t have stock :(

Finally tried the SCSI2SD v5.0b adapter yesterday and it worked immediately on the first try (which is a rarity in the arcade hobby) without having to rewrite the CPSIII as I am using the same image as was on my CD-ROM.

I had picked up a short SCSI cable, so now I'll just work on mounting this more securely.

Devices like this and the infinikey make owning Capcom hardware much more relaxing.

Just bumping this, so everyone is using that smaller version of the SCSI2SD?

I see there is a Version 6 now of the full size one,

" This board offers significantly better performance than the V5.x boards by adding support for synchronous SCSI transfers.
Easy access to virtual disk data over USB."

not sure if that 'better performance' will equate to better loading times or not, I don't know much about SCSI or the CPS3 hardware, perhaps someone else can chime in?

https://store.inertialcomputing.com/SCSI2SD-v6-p/scsi2sd-v6-revf.htm

http://www.codesrc.com/mediawiki/index.php/SCSI2SD

Just bumping this, so everyone is using that smaller version of the SCSI2SD?
I have the 5.1 version, and I just use a battery to power it via usb on boot/while it's writing then unplug it when I'm done. Works fine.

Loading times are not limited by the media but partially by the loading algorithm in fw and but the slow nature of the flashes on the Simms. Scsi2sd wont make it load faster. It's just more reliable.

Loading times are not limited by the media but partially by the loading algorithm in fw and but the slow nature of the flashes on the Simms. Scsi2sd wont make it load faster. It's just more reliable.
Cheers for that, yeah wasn't sure if " support for synchronous SCSI transfers" actually made a difference or not in this application

Back