What's new

RobbyIRL5

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the forum (and fairly inexperienced when it comes to working on arcades, although I've had Super Guns and a few cabinets for many years, and know how to plug things in) so if I'm in the wrong place, please advise.

I'm looking to use a 2 to 1 JAMMA switcher to put two Capcom CPS1 boards (listed in the subject line) in my cabinet. Currently swapping the JAMMA and kick harnesses every time I want to change games. I've seen a bit about voltages, etc, but it seems that with these two games I should be ok. I could just use a little help on what I need to buy (and any suggestions on who would be the best to buy it from).

From what I've gathered, I essentially need one of the 2 to 1 JAMMA switchers (I've seen a few) and a Kick Harness "condenser" - I'm thinking this is just a non-powered Y cable (2 in, one out).

I will plug the JAMMA harness in the cabinet (which I believe one end goes to all the buttons, speakers, monitor, etc) into the output of the splitter, same with the kick harness in the output to the "condenser" (although I don't know if I will be plugging in or soldering), and then is there a standard pin-out JAMMA harness that I can buy two and use to connect each of the boards to the inputs on the 2-1 switcher?

Any direction is super helpful, and I feel certain the info is out there, but with all of the Arcade 1Up stuff and other Street Fighter related items, parsing the search results has not lead me to what I'm lookin for here.

Thank you,

Robby

2nd the RiddledTV suggestion. Use it in my setups as well, the switcher is really high quality with some excellent features, and works great with the kick condenser for CPS1/2.

You are correct about voltages, usually the problem in switchers is related to not having a -5v line, but this Riddled switcher also has you covered there in case you ever add a board that requires it (Mortal Kombat for example) without any modding required.

Riddled sells 2 in 1s, but you never know if you may buy more SF button layout pcbs in the future (Alphas, SF3, Super Turbo, Killer Instincts, etc), maybe a 6 in 1 might be a good investment?

Would also suggest getting jamma extension cables to go with a switcher, that way you can mount your SF boards where you want safely in the cab and not put undue pressure on the jamma edge of the pcb

All in all no soldering should not be required, as everything can be cable connected

Your bill of materials would look something like this:

2 in 1 - ~$79
6 in 1 - ~$120
2 x Jamma Extension cables ~$15 ea
Multi Fighter Kick Condenser - ~$50
2 x CPS1 Kick harness cables - ~$10 ea

Your setups will be like this:

Cabinet Jamma Harness > Top of Switcher Jamma Connector > Switcher Slot 1 > Jamma extension > SF CE Board Jamma edge
> Switcher Slot 2 > Jamma extension > SF HF Board Jamma edge

Cabinet Kick Harness > Input of Kick Condenser Board > Kick Slot 1 > CPS1 Condenser Cable > SF CE Board Kick Connector
> Kick Slot 2 > CPS1 Condenser Cable > SF HF Board Kick Connector

Here is some info I posted in another thread about some condenser options:

Mitsurugi-w has a kick condenser board post for unsassembled units, you could check to see if he still has some. you would need to put together your own cables as well Capcom CPS1/2/3 kick harness condensers
qy9zl3.jpg

or if you want a pre-assembled solution RiddledTV from KLOV sells these multi fighter condensers on his site along with pre made cables. Have one of these and it works really well. Provided him a list of boards was going to use for the cables, this one supports CPS and Midway pinouts https://riddledtv.com/arcade/condenser_boards.html#MultiFighter
MultiFighter_200.jpg

Last edited:
Back