What's new

SwaggaJackin'

Beginner
Reaction score
If you beat the game as Keith (player 2) and get to the high score entry screen, the game will glitch graphically and then reboot before you have any time to enter your name. Pretty sure this isn't intended behavior and seems to be a bug with the multi. It's repeatable as well. There's also numerous graphical glitches that occur through out the game for split seconds, for instance before some boss fights, you'll see the screen flash black and you'll see the monitor test grid pattern for a few frames, then it goes back to the game.

EDIT: Using japanese revision. Just tested the US revision, also crashes during name entry after beating the final boss when using 2P for the playthrough.

Last edited:
Ok, his board did not crash on the name entry after completing the game, so now I'm not sure, but the same glitch that happened with the test screen showing a split second happened for him so that's fine then.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356962994?t=2h26m45s

But the game is definitely constantly crashing on the 2P name entry screen on the multi after beating the last boss on a 2P playthrough and this legit board did not.

Last edited:
Anyone mind verifying this? Just need to play through the game on the 2P and beat the last boss, get the ending and it should crash on the name entry screen.

This occurs on all three versions of the game for me (U/JP/Overseas)

But the game is definitely constantly crashing on the 2P name entry screen on the multi after beating the last boss on a 2P playthrough and this legit board did not.
Do you have to beat the game, or does it crash at 2P name entry screen at any point?

I'm not completely sure because just dying on stage 1 doesnt get you enough score to get to the high score screen. But I am 100% certain when you beat the game as 2P and get to the name entry it occurs. It's a short game, like 25-30m.

I'll try to take a shot at it in the next day or two. My game room's carpet and end wall got soaked through thanks to a pipe leak, so everything is kinda piled on top of and next to one another :/. But I'm hoping to clear out a spot to a game to play this weekend, ha.

I'm always curious how people find those bugs requiring an unusual set up to happen.
What led you to try to beat the game as 2p?
Faulty stick/button/input on the 1p side?

Hmm... I just tried it for myself. Did beat the game as player 2, after the name entry screen it went back to the attract mode.

yep, it did. But after the first character I pressed the wrong button xD
How does the reset look like? Does the game throw you back into the config menu as if you had flashed it again?
I'm using the Smokemonster rom pack and didn't get any weird stuff like glitches or test grid patterns during the whole playthrough.

Here is the crash, I captured it using my ossc and el gato. I am using the MAME built rom set, I have not yet tried with the patched roms yet.

The game just crashes right when you can enter you initials, shows some garbage on the screen and just reboots. Only happens if I am 2P.

Now, I am still learning about arcade board repair, but i wanna say there is some bad code on one of those roms that just happens to be at the very end of the game. Maybe being P2 side, its referencing something in that code pertaining to player 2 and it has no idea how to handle it and reboots. Also It could be something with the multi? Have you tried finding a different source for your roms and trying again?

That said hope someone here more knowledgeable can help

Maybe it’s just me but I can’t see your video. If you fix it so I know what to look for, I’ll try.

Back