What's new

Darksoft

Staff member
Immortal
Reaction score
DO NOT USE THESE FILES FOR THE NEW DARK KNIGHT EDITION MULTI!!!!!

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, all my multis will have autoboot from now on, so I made a new version of the firmware for this cartridge.

It includes much more improved compatibility with microSD cardsand....AUTOUPDATE! also called BOOTLOADER, which will allow you to upgrade the firmware just copying a file in the microSD and without needing any device anymore.

This is the explanation of the new firmware.

-What you need to do is
A) program the cartridge with sd_bootloader.hex/bin using the Discovery programmer of your choice. This will enable the possibility of uploading in upper positions of memory via microSD
B) right after you program the Multi with your Discovery and the file sd_bootloader.hex/bin the cartridge the cartridge will not work yet, you have to insert it in the STV Motherboard with a microSD that has the file flash.img in it.
C) After powering it up, notice that the LED called PROG will blink very quick during the process, later should blink slowly twice, which means that programming was successful, if the LED blinks 5 times instead of 2, it means that there was an error during programming and data in the ARM microprocessor don't match data from flash.img. You probably are using a wrong flash.img. Try again.

-In short, you only need the programmer for the file sd_bootloader.bin/hex ONCE. If there are any updates in the future, you just copy a new flash.img on the microSD and it will automatically update when you power up.
-Note: Don't use the file flash.img with discovery. That will result in black screen and you would have to program the sd_bootloader.

HERE ARE THE FILES THAT YOU NEED TO USE WITH THE DISCOVERY AND THE FLASH.IMG
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e56qgvt7j77o7f5/STV_Ultimo_Firmware_con_Autoreset_yAutoboot.rar
(COPY PASTE THIS LINK)

Here instructions in PDF in case something is not clear:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/qhcfw2aaarpvabr/STV_How_to_Update_Firmware_Text.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
The RAR file link leads to the CPS2 firmware file. (But copy/pasting the stv url works.)

Thanks for info. I can´t fix it. It always changes it automatically ?!?!

I have to try this upgrade. Thank you.
I must check all I can do with this card now : wire sound and reset, upgrade firm. Something else ?

Last edited:
I have to try this upgrade. Thank you.
I must check all I can do with this card now : wire sound and reset, upgrade firm. Something else ?
What else do you want me to add? I'm open to suggestions :)

Updated firmware this evening. All working fine.

>What else do you want me to add? I'm open to suggestions<

I can't really think of anything that it doesn't already do awesomely. o_O

Any luck with the last handful of games?

Hi,
I'm not able to upgrade my multi
It seems that I have an issue with the connection between the SMT32F4 and the card
Here a picture
can anyone help ?

Attachments

• issue1.jpg
    issue1.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 441
How do your cart connectons look?

you mean this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-25-01-59-21.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-25-01-59-21.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 464
When I programmed mine, I used the same pinout as the CPS2 board. So 5 wires instead of the 3 shown in the new ST-V pdf guide.

General troubleshooting tips:

Run the program as an administrator.
Make sure you don't have the two jumpers in on the programmer that are noted in the PDF.
Rerun your wires to make sure you have them going to the right pins.
Reboot your pc without the programmer plugged in, launch the program, plug it in and try again.

If it still doesn't work, try doing it on another PC. I had this problem where one would work and the other wouldn't.

Last edited:
I need another PC so !
I troubelshooted all the steps mentionned above

Hmm. Should be more than three wires there. I'm pretty sure that pdf is wrong. Use the pinout of the cps2 guide.

Hmm. Should be more than three wires there. I'm pretty sure that pdf is wrong. Use the pinout of the cps2 guide.
you mean that the cart pinout for both multi is the same ?
I'll try it tonight and keep you posted
If you have other suggestions, let me know

I have one more question :)

Are the pin4 and 5 from the cart programming connector connected to the reset point (the 4th from left to right) ??!

ST-V Multicart.jpg

whats a recommended programmer board to get for this? I don't have anything currently.

I have one more question :)

Are the pin4 and 5 from the cart programming connector connected to the reset point (the 4th from left to right) ??!

ST-V Multicart.jpg
Soldier a wire where that "Reset Wire" pink/purple arrow is pointed to. Ignore the pins.

Just updated my cart from the initial firmware to this new one, works great! Thanks for the update Darksoft!!

Back